trend micro missed this ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cupez80, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i got these 3 files from my client. when i scanned with trend micro internet security 2005 it didn't detect any viruses. but i detected viruses on these files. why tmis 2005 didnt detect them ? i attached the file in rar.

cupez80

Don't attach, provide links to, or otherwise post malware on Wilders. It is against the TOS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2005
  2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi cupez80,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

I assume the infected machine had TMIS 2005? Was the virus signatures up to date?

Here again I assume you copied the files to a rar file and took them to your machine and scanned them? What AV do you use?

Two of the three malwares seem to be fairly new. Did you submit them to TMIS? If not, you need to do so ;) , then TMIS will be able to detect them in the future ;) ...

HTH ;) ...

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i used newest definition from tmis 2005. i've already submitted the files to trend micro but they didn't reply yet. KAV only detect 2 of them. fprot also detect 2 of them. my client used NAV corporate edition 8 and it detected them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.