GData is doing strange things...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Edwin024, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

G-Data, makers of the Antivirenkit has a very peculiar way of annoying non-Germans.

They now have an action on their website which gives people the chance to buy AVK 2005 Pro for 20 euro and their Internet Security package for 40 euro. That 20 euro is almost half of the normal cost. That 40 euro is almost 15 euros profit.

But... it is only for the German version....!!!!!!

What an idiotic thing to do as a company. And they do not react on neat emails sent to them about this. Oh my...

2. Inf

Inf Guest

Thats what I've been trying to say for a whole year.

I had the right to renew my licence to English one when I had the same experience for a good price. I bought the licence two years ago when they didn't had english version.

Gdata : We will make an English version and then you'll still benefit..

well, I purchased it and NEVER RECIEVED any answer (three emails sent in two months) and never been back.

sorry...good product but if something goes wrong: you're on your own...we have unions for that :D

3. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I tried to talk too... without answer...
    ;|

4. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Hello to you all,

GData Antiviruskit Pro 2005

Above product enjoys good reviews. I bought it, but it caused my Outlook to crash. Later I discovered the problem has been reported in other forums.

http://www.chip.de/c1_forum/thread.html?bwthreadid=528751

http://www.planet-outlook.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3029&

I asked GData for a solution but did not give any feedback.
    Asked them over and over and over: still no no feedback - I knów they have opened my e-mails, but apparently they give a #@!%

The money is just wasted. Even after a dozen reminders and even after threatening that I would put my story on the Internet: no response.

Therefore, I would recommend: if you are running Outlook - don't buy GData Antiviruskit Pro !!

It is better save than sorry. Maybe with others it will work - they are lucky then. However, it does not with me and not with others (see thread). Therefore, why taking the risk ? Just stay away from this product, just use Norton Antivirus or Bitdefender.

rgds
    --

5. digibits

digibits Registered Member

GData does have a 30-day trial period to allow perspective buyers to try before they buy.

Am sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you on your computer.

6. t432145

t432145 Guest

Same was with me and F-secure 2005

That think just go red and notify me of malfunction.... If I restart everything is OK but it come again. Formated PC because of that but didnt solve that problem...

As far as I know Gdata do not have englisht demo version... When I checked 3-4 months ago they did not have..

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, they do, download here. No signature updates though, but you can see if it's something for you.

8. chia

chia Registered Member

Sent off an email a couple of days ago about their lower prices and this is the reply I received this morning.

If you're not too skeptical of their support to go this route then AVK Pro 2005 can be had for 20 Euro. A product key should work across all language versions, at least that's what I take away from the response I got. For english support I've always used support-eng(at)gdata.de.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  9. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Hi, did you discover a 30-days download on _their_ website? :doubt:

10. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Oops :oops:
    Yes, eh ... well I did not have a look at thát site ... thought it was not theirs.
    Nonetheless, I feel they shd respond on repeated e-mails.

11. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I have send them an email now too, to be sure :) Hope to get an answer soon. 20 Euro's seem to be a snap for this one!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  12. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Well ?? Any feedback from GData ...??

13. budfox

budfox Registered Member

I just purchased the english version from Gdata, and I am running w/o any problems. Works fine with Outlook, ect.

I am wondering if the person who is having trouble had another antivirus on their system and didnt uninstall in completely. You have got to go into your registry and delete any bits of your old antivirus before you install another. If not your Scr@wed!!!

I was using NOD before, but decided to go with AVK since Kaspersky and Bitdefender did good jobs in detecting the last round of worms.

budfox.

ProcessGuard/ Wormguard/ Outpost Firewall/ SafeNSecure/ RegDefend /CounterSpy/ TrackEraser Pro/ InBoxer / AVK by Gdata (got to love the Germans --Oktoberfest!)

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I have read so much about AVK and problems with Outlook, Outlook Express etc., IMO it have nothing to do with with previous installed AV's, the real problem is AVK itself.

Read the german forums about AVK mail problems and you know what I mean.

And the lack of G-Data support when there are problems with their product, it's amazing!

15. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

The only problem I ever have had with AVK 2005 is that it would lag the loading of things really bad. I found this to be due to a 3ware RAID controller card that I no longer use. Nearly non-existant on the load now and no problems with Outlook or any Office 2003 products. :D

16. budfox

budfox Registered Member

I guess I got lucky then because I have been running AVK with outlook for days w/o any crashes. I do notice a slower startup time compared to NOD32, but I also notice that some large files I open now open a bit faster.

As for the German forums...my German is good enough for
    Ein Bier Bitte!, but I did notice it got a little better at Oktoberfest last year after I knocked back a few Paulaners..

17. budfox

budfox Registered Member

I just went to look over the German postings and they are posting about AVK 2004 in one and AVK 2005 in another. I am running 2005 15.0.5 that has the hourly updates; dont know how long its been out. I have even emailed myself some virus signatures to outlook and AVK caught them n.p. crash free.

So far I am really happy with the program..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.