Error occured while loading nod32m1.vxd

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by halcyon, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Sorry to bring this up again, but I haven't heard from Eset people nor have I found an answer here.

I'm getting the following error when I start NOD32 On-Demand (Manual) Scanner:

Error Occurred while scanning operating memory. System memory cannot be scanned (the kernel service is not running or an error iccyred while loading nod32m1.vxd)

To sum up things at my end:

- Winxp sp2 32bit (all patches), stable (S-PI, prime95, memtest, s&m), 2GB RAM, A64
    - NOD32 2.5 official (licensed, v. 2.50.16, beta versions gave the same error)
    - no "nod32m1.vxd" file to be found on any of my drives
    - bug report sent to Eset (no reply)
    - re-install does not cure this (at least not for me)

If you do a quick search you'll notice that I'm not the only one having this problem.

Any solutions / answer from Eset?

Thanks!

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

3. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

If you're running Windows XP, you won't have it: Only Win 95/98/ME use VXDs (Virtual device drivers).

My guess is that the error message is the same for all operating systems.

And if this is indeed Win XP, try uninstalling, rebooting, and a fresh reinstall. That did it for most of us.

4. halcyon

Unfortunately re-install did not cure this for me.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

6. halcyon

Email sent. Lets hope they can fix this. I'm a little worried about the "can't scan operating memory" part :)

7. Person2005

Person2005 Guest

Im also getting this problem. Also after I'd installed NOD, the icon for the On demand scanner was none existant, and the target of the executable was C:\Program Files\ESET\NOD32\nod32.log\nod32.exe

Removing the \nod32.log corrects the problem, but I still get the error scanning operating memory error..

Windows XP SP2
    P4 3.2GHz
    1.5Gb RAM
    SATA HDD

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Would you please post the information about installed components here? (NOD32 COntrol Center - NOD32 System Tools - Information)

9. halcyon

I contacted Eset and got a reply. They basically wanted me to check if the kernel (nod32krn.exe) and gui (nod32kui) were running properly (they were).

However, I did _one more_ uninstall / reboot / re-install / reboot cycle.

Oddly enough, the problem is now cured.

This is quite odd imho, as my previous such re-install cycle did not cure the "memory cannot be scanned" problem.

So, for those of you still experiencing this problem, I recommned you do the whole clean uninstall/re-install (with reboots in-between of course) once again to see if it cures the problem for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.