SpywareBlaster 3.4 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster 3.4 has been released!

New in this version:
    -Improved updating (and fixes for updating issues some users experienced with previous versions)
    -Improved support for users with large fonts / DPI settings
    -Various cosmetic fixes/improvements
    -Further optimizations to certain parts of the program
    -And lots of other bug fixes and requested tweaks

This 3.4 release provides bug fixes and enhanced performance.
    Various issues people have been having with previous releases should be fixed.

NEW UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER 3.x
    SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster 3.4 now offers SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

As much as we would like to provide auto-updating functionality for free, bandwidth costs are simply too great to make it feasible. AutoUpdate functionality is $9.95 (US) per year, which helps to cover the bandwidth costs. The Check for Updates function remains completely free, as does SpywareBlaster. You only need to pay if you wish to have the extra convenience of AutoUpdate.

Download the latest version here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. If you have any problems please don't hesitate to post.

2. javacool

Upgrading Instructions from Older Versions:

It is recommended that you uninstall your current version of SpywareBlaster before installing the new version. To do this:

1.) Open SpywareBlaster and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".
    2.) Close SpywareBlaster.
    3.) Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the entry named "SpywareBlaster v3.3"
    4.) Download the latest SpywareBlaster installer from the link above and run it.
    5.) Enjoy the new version of SpywareBlaster!

Source: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

----------

For answers to common questions / issues, please see the Official Knowledgebase.

Javacool Software Knowledgebase
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for your great work, javacool!!! :D

Best Regards

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Installed very easily and seems to be working well. I appreciate all of the hard work you expend.

bigc

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Smokin and thanks J.Cool!!
    Its another wonderful update:)

6. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

From speedguide forum drdoug99
    I did not experience this??

7. javacool

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thank you J.

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the update. Just installed and no problems here. :D

Thanks Javacool!

Regards,

Jag

10. mainer

mainer Registered Member

The 10.00 Dollar auto update is the best deal since sliced bread. The best 20.00
    I have ever spent.
    Thank You very much for this wonderful software.

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

wow great job i have an idea for future editions. for the updates can we see what things it blocks? i have always wondered what it blocks in each update

12. + ShADoW +

+ ShADoW + Registered Member

Nice update javacool :) Very easy to install ;)

13. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:D No problems here either !! But then again ........ there never are. :D I've had the auto update pretty much since I first installed Spyware Blaster.

HR :cool:

14. cloussau

cloussau Registered Member

can anyone suggest a reason why SB3.3 is not appearing in add/remove programs list? :eek:

15. Terry-Bastes

Terry-Bastes Guest

I cannot download version 3.4 as every time I try it just goes to download sites for version 3.3 can you help please?

16. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

NO problem on Win98SE... o_O

17. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Did u try going here?

http://majorgeeks.com/download2859.html

If so, and if your downloaded showed 3.3, did u follow the instructions in #7?

snowbound

18. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Registered Member

Dunno. It was fine on all the computers I've installed 3.4 on so far - two Win XP and one Win 98.

Anyway, you can uninstall it by going here:

Program Files>SpywareBlaster>Double click "unins000". That should do it.

19. iwod

iwod Registered Member

does 3.4 add back slient install?

20. Alantir

Alantir Registered Member

Just installed SB v3.4. I was having some issues with the AutoUpdate feature previously and now everything is working great. :)

Thanks a lot Javacool.

21. sayaah

sayaah Registered Member

Just installed Spyblaster 3.4 and I hoped it would solve a problem from 3.3 - it has not. I use 2005 Norton Sec & Antiv. Also Spybot, Adaware and Spyware Xterminator (SpyX) - yes, I am paranoid. I bought a Sony desktop last year and am running Win XP. SpyX is the only program to “see” this problem - It has been pointing out a pest which I continue to delete but it kept re-appearing. Then I noticed that 3.3 and now 3.4 had 1 item unprotected - essentially the same pest. Each time I re-enabled the protection it appears via SpyX then when deleted it reappears as an unprotected item on 3.3 and now 3.4.
    Spy X calls it WEBSEARCH TOOLBAR HIJACKER released 5/5/05 locate: HKEY_LOCAL_MCAHINE\software\micorsoft\internetexplorer\activex xcompatability\{8952a998-1e7e-4716-b23dbe-3910972}.
    3.4 labels it : HUNTBAR VARIANT {{8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23DBE-3910972}
    What is this program? How/why does this program disable 3.4's protection when it is deleted by another program ? How does it reappear? More important - how can I get rid of it? Or should I set SpyX to ignore it when it scans if I can? PLEASE HELP

22. bpilati

bpilati Registered Member

Well I hope the autoupdate works now, cause I paid and it hasn't worked correctly once. And don't blame me, all my other software updates fine, it's your software. Fix it!

23. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's a "false positive". SpyX is incorrectly identifying the ActiveX CLSID that SpywareBlaster is using to protect against that control as if it was the infection itself.

You can flip back and forth all day, reenabling it in SpywareBlaster and then have SpyX delete it again, but when SpyX does that, it is weaking your protection, not increasing it.

The only way to correct this would be for SpyX to fix the false positive identification on the CLSID. As to telling SpyX to ignore it, if there is such an option, that would be the best way for you to address this until SpyX fixes the detection.

24. MAF

MAF Registered Member

Another excellent release of an excellent program - thank you very much! :)

25. Amanda7782

Amanda7782 Guest

Having troubles downloading SpywareBlaster 3.4

Hello!!

I need help please. I can't download SpywareBlaster 3.4. Everytime I do, this error message pops up saying "C:\Documents and Settings\user\my documents\spywareblastersetup34.exe is not a valid Win 32 application"
    Before I could download the updated version, I Disabled All Protection then I Closed SpywareBlaster. I went to Add/Romove Programs and unistalled Spywareblaster v3.3.

Would u please help me?

My e-mail is email removed to prevent harvesting==bigc Thanks,
    Amanda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.