"schedhlp.exe" process...is it abs. necessary?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timmy, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy

timmy Registered Member

It runs all the time in the background and would like to shut it down. Am guessing? it is used if the True Image program is set up on a "schedule," vs you just doing it on your own. Which is what I do. Can I get rid of the process then? Thanks any info.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Timmy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please read previous thread about startup services that Acronis software use. The description is the same for Acronis True Image 8.0 (Acronis True Image 7.0 was discussed in the thread). If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. timmy

timmy Registered Member

schedhlp.exe -- Acronis scheduling service helper
    This program monitors the logons and logoffs in the running system and notifies Acronis scheduling service about them. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. Acronis True Image 7.0 uses this program to schedule tasks on user logon/logoff and to run non-scheduled "Image creation" operation.

Read and re-read the explanation...but still don't know whether this means I can discard the process or not? If I do "manual" (ie on my own) backups, can I discard the pprocess?: ____yes _____no
    Thanks info.

4. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

Can you not uninstall True Image and run it from the Boot CD

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Why don't you try it?

My personal experiences: disabled the start-up items and set the processess to manual, and all seems to be working. Please be aware that SCHEDULING TASKS probably won't work.

6. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

You can uninstall ATI (as long as snapman.sys stays) and run the whole thing from the bootable CD. Some functionality will be lost, but since I could care less about that, it seems to me that's exactly what I'll do.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello timmy,

You cannot discard the process (schedhlp.exe). Please note, that "Acronis True Image 8.0 uses this program to schedule tasks on user logon/logoff and to run non-scheduled "Image creation" operation".

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.