What is the deal with the Bazooka spyware scanner?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Matt_Smi, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I have seen this recommended on other forums, it is said to scan in around a second! I really don’t see how it can do that, but is this a good antispyware scanner? Does anyone here use it? From what I understand it can only detect spyware, not delete it, but it does offer manual removal instructions. Just seeing if this is yet another app worth adding to my setup.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The scan for a Win98 took ~ 10 seconds.
    Taking into consideration the amount and quality of registry keys it scans....it does what it advertises and is made available by a Trusted Group\Individualfor Free.
    My taught philosophy is layers. This program is ~ 2 megs in size....does not run as a TSR or Service(in respect to OS)....and have no problem recommending it as a layer of protection for those that might be thought to need it.

3. hadi

hadi Guest

4. Matt_Smi

I got it, very small program and I am a believer on the scan speed, it takes about a second! But with its small database of around 500 (I believe) I have to wonder if it even includes detection for things that Ad-Aware and Spybot dont.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

569 as of 5/10/2005. It's so small & fast & innocuous, I figure --- why not use it? :p

By the way, the original bazooka was a musical instrument that sounded very much like a flatulent rhinocerous.

6. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

but doesnt it also have a hidden ghost Keylogger inbedded into the program.
    thats what scares m about that program.

7. dog

dog Guest

Where would you have gotten that idea?

The answer is NO, Bazooka is a clean product period. It's a nice light weight spy scanner to have onboard.

Steve

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I can fully backup Steve on this :) Bazooka scanner is spywarefree and is highly regarded cause it's free and it has a good team with the right ideas about all this.

it's just a speedy quick check for common spyware, no fuss and no pain :) some of us can play games in the meanwhile it scans;)

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  9. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

I installed it once from majorgeeks.com and it started with ghost install wizard.
    then Pest Patrol said infected with the Ghost Keylogger.

10. dog

dog Guest

Well ... Pest Patrol does have some serious F/P problems. I'd recommend throughly investigating anything Pest Patrol finds (but this should be a standard practise generally). I'm sure PP will improve now that it's under the CA umbrella ... but because of PPs history it isn't something I'd ever run on my box or recommend (my personal opinion). ;)

Steve

11. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

exactly why i use it as well. it uses virtually no memory and takes only a second to scan, so it's hard to let go of. i wouldn't use it as my only line of defense, but it's good to have in the arsenal!
    i'll definitely agree with that.

12. + ShADoW +

+ ShADoW + Registered Member

www.majorgeeks.com is a 100% free spyware site.... :)

13. INTOXSICKATED

major geeks has free spyware? lol, :p

14. Matt_Smi

Well I must say I am pretty impressed with Bazooka, I installed it on another computer in my house and it detected a peace of spyware that was unnoticed by Spybot and Ad-Aware, and when I uploaded the file to Jotti’s online scanner only AntiVir and KAV detected it.

15. + ShADoW +

no lol... they dont have any spyware on their site.

16. INTOXSICKATED

just messin' with you.

17. + ShADoW +

knew that.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.