papanick

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Papanick, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papanick

Papanick Guest

My most recent file update of the Free Version of the Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta tells me It has found a Keylogger, and it is in your program.

Is the file reported as the keylogger ' unins000.exe ' part of your program?

Did another program install it?

Can I safely delet this exe file?

(do I ask too many questions?)

Concerned, Papanick!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Having just scanned with Spyware Definition Version: 5709 (4/21/2005 8:23:59 PM)....nothing was found here o_O

What version is yours :doubt:

There is indeed a file named unins000.exe in the Spywareblaster Program folder....which is the un-install file.

If you do....you want be able to un-install properly.

Heck no....and I'm sure if you hang around....you'll not only ask more....but you'll probably be answering some to :cool:

3. kayjay1

kayjay1 Registered Member

Hey guys, I also have the same problem. Just ran MSA 1.0.509 on XP SP1 - 'Keylogger' identified in c:\program files\spywareblaster\unins000.exe. Quarantined unins000.exe but now having read this and several other posts it looks like I need to restore quarantine. Is this definitely an fp? Neither Adaware, Spybot S&D nor Norton AV have picked this file up. o_O

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Since all of us suddenly got this warning after the MS update it would make sense that, yes, this is simply a false positive. This is happening also at other computer forums so since so many folks have got this suddenly after the MS update ...

Acadia

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.