TID 8 Trial - No restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulB2005, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I guess it's not possible to have a version of the trial where you can do say 2 or 3 restores to practise with?

I assume that any restore would then extend the length of the trial (say Create Image on Day 1 and Restore on day 14 to get another 15 days) and / or give me back all 3 restores (everytime you restore even though you use one of your 3 "lives" you'll get it back after the restore....)

No way of producing a trial where you can try a restore once?

2. S?ul

S?ul Registered Member

If the world was different and only had honest people then Acronis would allow that. But the reality is that a lot of people would take advantage of TI and make their bootable disc and never pay for the sofware. They could easily download the trial again & again with different emails, from other computers, etc. You can't trust anybody these days. Gosh, now I made myself feel depressed. :(

I hope that helps. I've got to take my happy pills now. Happy! Happy! :D
    Søul

3. PaulB2005

That's what i thought.....

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Who said you can not restore a partition with the trial version?

5. S?ul

S?ul Registered Member

Hey MiniMax. You have my permission to correct my ignorance. I thought that you couldn't do a full restore with the trial version because some of the program tools aren't functional. :oops:

6. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

I got a fully functional trial after getting intouch with Acronis and filling in some forms.

Now I have run into problems but the restore works fine on some machines.

So try and get hold of a sales rep and he should be able to help you out.

Kim

7. PaulB2005

From the Trial Download page:

Differences between trial and full version:

15 days trial version;
    Only the full version enables restoring of images of a system partition (click here to purchase the full version);
    Only the full version allows you to create and restore images, and clone disks when Acronis True Image 8.0 is launched from the bootable rescue media (click here to purchase the full version).
    The trial version of this software is intended only to show how the software works and its user interface. It is a limited-functionality demo.

----Just tried it and what do you know the Restore function does work!----

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup and System Restore Software.

Please note that you are eligible to use the full version given to you by Acronis Sales Team only within a certain period of time. It is intended only for to be able to see if it works fine on your particular system. Though we have trial version for this purpose sometimes exclusions are made.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

Yes I got an exception trial with restore enabled.

I just wished you would answer my post about the problems I had.

All I meant was for the guy to try and get a fully fucntional trial the same as me.

It is quite important to know that the software will work before you invest several thousand pounds on a piece of software that might not work with your hardware. Which it doesn't seem to work for me.

I know that as a trial user I'm not a top priorty but if we can't get it to work on our servers we can't buy the software.

Kim

10. PaulB2005

I'm a bit confussed - does this mean there are 2 trials versions?

One which you download as i did which has the restore disabled and one which you get from the sales team (the so called "Exception Trial") which has restore enabled?

I downloaded a normal trial and it restores ok.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Paul,

This exception trial is given rarely and since everything works fine for you you may purchase the product and in case you encounter any problems please feel free to contact Acronis Support Team via support@acronis.com and we will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. PaulB2005

I fully intend to buy the product once i have completed testing.

Just thought you ought to be aware that the copy that is free to download using just an e-mail address is the "Exceptional Copy" you speak of. (ie you CAN restore using it.)

Above i was told the TRIAL version wouldn't restore as people could keep downloading the trial and never buy hence the restore is disabled but i downloaded a versin that is NOT the Exceptional Version and it does RESTORE.

13. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi PaulB2005,

Hmm, most strange. As far as I was aware, the free trial version is capable of restoring all partitions other than the Primary Active (system) partition. Which partition did you actually manage to restore?

Regards

14. Acronis Support

Hello Paul,

Apparently, you have restored a partition under Windows. It is not possible to restore partitions when you boot Acronis Bootable CD or when the computer restarts into Acronis True Image stand-alone mode.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

15. PaulB2005

It was the Primary Active partition.

Well i'm pretty much resigned to buying it - just a few more tests of the other functions....

16. PaulB2005

I'm afraid it is. Did it 2 days ago.

Buying today so all academic now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.