PES 8 Crashing on Spyware scan..

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Skirmishor, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skirmishor

Skirmishor Guest

Hello,

Whenever I run a spyware scan with PES 8, it *always* crashes without fail when scanning for the "All in on keylogger" therefore I can't complete the scan.

I have the latest version of spyware databases.

System:

CPU: Intel P4 3.6GHZ | 900MHz FSB
    RAM: 1.5Gb DDR400
    HDD: WD Raptor SATA

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Skirmishor,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Antispyware Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem remains with the latest build please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Reproduce the problem.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. adamn

adamn Guest

I`ve the same problem, using this software on Windows 2003 and on the second machine with Windows XP SP2;
    That software looks like unusuable.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Maybe you should try this -

5. Acronis Support

Hello adamn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Antispyware Software.

Detox is absolutely right. The info mentioned in my previous post will allow us to find what caused the crash. But first, please update your software to the latest build available (currently it is build 734).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Skirmishor

Skirmishor Guest

Sorry for the delay in my posting.

Thankyou for the reply Acronis Support. After updating PES8 to the latest build, the problem is resolved. I guess there was something wrong with the initial build I was using?

Thanks very much.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Skirmishor,

Yes, the problem could appear on some systems but it was fixed in the latest build and I am glad to hear you can use Acronis software successfully now. If you encounter any further problems please feel free to describe them here on Forum or contact us via e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. kyancy

kyancy Guest

Hi all

Unfortunately, I get this same problem even after upgrade to latest build. Seems to only be a problem when u do a deep scan.

Kevin

9. Acronis Support

10. FFS

FFS Guest

hello
    I have v.8 build 748 of acronis expert suite.. Untill I obtained the latest update acronis worked perfectly.

Im am not interested in spending time on logging in and obtaining other versions of that program in order to make it work.. Im shure Acronis team did it on purpose so that u will have to update to another version/build. I was perfectly happe wit my current version untill now. I dont want to update to any other build version, I just want updates against spyware.
    Gas stations also don't change the consistency of the fuel, so that u have to spend time on buying/updating your engine in order to run and they wouldn't make stupid suggestions about upgrading my sparkplugs to v.9.
    I was considering to make a recommondation on that program but tha must wait I gues.

11. Acronis Support

Hello FFS,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please be aware that you can download and install all our Spyware updates without an update/upgrade of your current version of Acrponis Privacy Expert Suite.

The latest updates are available at the Spyware updates section of our web site. You don't even need to log in at our web site to download these updates.

You can also update Spyware definitions by running the Spyware Definitions Update Wizard from the mainmenu of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. It also does not require a logging in at our web site or an update/upgrade of your version of the program.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

12. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Since downloading the latest spyware updates; PESv8 build 789 is crashing to the desktop at the same place in the spyware scan. I have submitted a report to technical support and also tried creating the crash dump as suggested above but the dump is never created. The problem is repeatable but I never had this problem until the latest spyware update 2 days ago.
    The crash is very, very quick.
    Thanks
    John

13. Acronis Support

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from our Support Team?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

14. John Farrar

Hi Kirill
    I have not yet received an email from Acronis in response to this. Shall I send another one?
    Thanks
    John

15. WasaFan

WasaFan Guest

PES8 crash on scan

I get the same crash as mentioned above. I did try PES 9.0 but could not get it to recognize my user ID (see Unlock? Thread). There does not seem to an update of PES 9.0 since I tried it - I am an exhausted unwilling beta tester for Acronis - when will they ship code that WORKS!!!

16. I get the same crash as mentioned also. I upgraded to 9.0 1425 because of the turkojan trojan that 8 said my computer had. When i ran 9 it did not find any turkojan. Hmmmm....

Just updated definitions yesterday and it is crashing on scan. It always crashes at the same place. The last malware module loaded begins with the letters "ma" I cannot tell much more that that because the crash is too quick. Dr watson does not even recognize crash.

After much debugging, I removed the file "spybase_mayapasswordstealer.spy" file from folder Acronis/MalwareBase, and does not crash now. hmmmm...... could it be a bad module? could it be an infection?? Version 8 users try this and see if it works for you..... might be the same fix.... if so, I would think the module is bad and not version 8.
    Either way i'm "sosorryiboughtit" cause now "igottafixit" myself.

17. HATE

HATE Guest

hehe! that was great idea and worked:)
    I was sure that problem is on TROJAN HORSE section because I had limited my scan to one scan for each section for find the craching but there was no problem in sections except TROJAN HORSE:)))) but you were sooner than me:>

you can do that on CONFIGURE SPYWARE REMOVAL OPTION

good luck guys
    HATE

18. John Farrar

I deleted the file mentioned but the app. still crashes on me. I did a reboot and ran it again but still the same crash.o_O
    Then unticked the file in advanced options and the search runs through OK.
    John

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.