USB error with new 8.0(796)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kilopapa, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Hi all,
    I could never get the BootDisk to see my USB External backup drive. I just upgraded to 8.0(796) thinking it might have fixed this problem and now I get something different.
    I get this line 10 times then it goes into the program without seeing the USB Harddrive.
    "USB.c USB device not accepting new address=2 (Error-110)"

When I disconnect the USB Drive, I don't get any of those messages. I suppose since it can't see any connected device. Did build 796 try to make this USB drive issue work better?
    Thanks for any help, keith

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  3. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Thanks for the quick reply,
    On this Averetec 3250 there is no ACPI entry in the BIOS setup. Mabye some laptops need it on all the time?
    I have tried the Safe type Bood disc but it is Tooooo slow to be practical.
    I would love to solve this problem with recognizing USB devices as TrueImage is really the best program for this. But we need to utilize these USB Drives.

Thanks, Keith

4. Acronis Support

5. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Well, I don't have a floppy so if there are some commands that I can save the "sysinfo.txt" to the local HD, I could do it.
    Also, with the ACPI=no NOAPIC, I get a new message,
    "USB-USCI Found UHCI device with no IRQ Assigned. Check BIOS settings"
    "Found HC with no IRQ"

Hope this helps..Keith

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Keith,

Bit of a long shot but if your BIOS has a setting similar to "PNP OS Installed" then select "No" or "Disabled" and see what happens.

Regards

7. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Just for kicks, try "pci=biosirq" (no quotes) as the command line parameter instead of (and in addition) to ACPI=no NOAPIC.

8. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

I'll try both. This Averatec is great but does not have much in the bios area. Probably good for most. I don't know Linux enough to get that 'sysinfo.txt' file to the Hard Drive to send it to Ilya.

I sure wish this could be fixed as all other parts of TI are great but those USB drives are the ticket for backup.

Thanks and I'll let you know how those ideas work.

Keith

9. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Well, I tried both ways with the "biosirq=no" alone and with the Acronis ACPI but I still get the "Cannnot assign address to USB device = 2 (Error -110)

I sure wish I could figure out why we can't get some of these USB ports to not be configured in many of the laptops.

I'll try anything you have....

Thanks, Keith

10. Acronis Support

Hello Keith,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please issue the following command:

sysinfo

Please write down the output after this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Yes, I will get that sysinfo output to you right away.

Thanks, Keith

12. w5mhl

w5mhl Registered Member

I have been following this thread as I have had the same problem with a Averatec 3150. Have tried all the suggestions without success. Removed the USB EXPANDER AND PLUGGED THE MAXTOR DIRECTLY INTO ONE OF THE COMPUTER USB PORTS.

WORKS PERFECTLY NOW WITH NO ADDITIONAL COMMANDS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.