Splitting Images and fixed IPs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hive, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hive

Hive Registered Member

I wanted to know whether there is a way to split up a image file after it is "done"?
    The *.tib file size is about 1.2GB and was supposed to be split by TI into handy 650MB sized files for CD-R. Anyway i forgot and there i am.
    Can't use DVD-R or network.

And while i'm on it, if anyone from Acronis reads this:
    Will there be support for networks that work with fixed IPs and not with DHCP? I wouldn't want to fiddle with the network "just" for TI. It works
    just fine the way it is.

Finally:
    Great program! Keep up the good work :)

thx

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't allow you to split the image after it is created. The only way to split it is to set the fixed size of the image in the "Create Image" wizard. The feature of image splitting after its creation is already in our Enhancement List and we expect it to be implemented soon.

As for the fixed IPs, this option is already available in Acronis True Image. When you boot from Acronis Bootable CD please choose "Tools" -> "Options". If you haven't got DHCP server in your network the fields concerning the network configuration won't be greyed out and you will be allowed to input the right numbers there.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Hive

Hive Registered Member

Thx for your reply.
    It would be great to see that feature later on. It would give you the flexibility to choose the backup medium the way you need it at the moment!

I'll try the Bootable CD option.

Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.