Having problems making an image.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fusion, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

Do I need to close my anti-virus (NOD32) and Ad-Aware Pro before making an image? If I leave them on I get a message that I might have some bad sectors or applications are running. But if I do close those I get a message that "True Image failed to read data from disk ". What can I do? o_O This is a brand new XP Pro installation so there souldn't be any problems and my other drive I just formatted. My drives are hooked up to a Maxtor Ultra ATA 100 PCI adapter. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

2. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

I can't get this to work. I created a boot CD and tired it that way. At first it started fine but about quarter of the way another error message saying somthing about bad sectors. I checked the disk and there are no problems. Here is the error I get when backing up within XP.

Attached Files:

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Fusion

Could you say if the HDD is either Basic or Dynamic Disk.

All so make sure you have no emptied USB flash card readers plugged in.

The reason I ask is because Dynamic Disk is not support by Acronis Ti.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

Both of my drives (C and D) are Basic. I don't have any USB flash card readers on this computer.

5. earther

earther Registered Member

The first time I tried to make an image I got a similar message. Next try, I rebooted, closed all running programs and then it went without a hitch. But I'm running ME not XP . . .

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Fusion

Have you tried Booting from the BootDisk CD to see if you get the same error.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fusion,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem. Also please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send to support@acronis.com as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

This has been going on for two days now. I have shutdown, rebooted and everything in between without avail.

9. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

Yes I created the boot CD and tried it. At first I thought it was going to work. The process got further than when in Windows, but after about quarter of the image being made I got an error message that it could not read the disk/sector or something similar.

10. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

I'll try it. But what does this do? Is this an update for True Image or for something in XP?

11. Fusion

Fusion Registered Member

arrr... it didn't help. :mad:

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fusion,

I am very sorry for not solving your problem yet.

Please send the Acronis Report to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the e-mail that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will help you to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.