how to add ewido to excluded?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tobamore, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello, I am currently running ewido alongside nod32 with tds3 on demand and was wondering what the correct directory name is for the ewido exclusion? I have trie the usual with no success, please advise?

Toby.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'm wondering why you would want to? I'm running Ewido and are not seeing any issues...

The file would be or should be:

C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe

Cheers :D

3. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello, I ask this as I see no need for nod to scan my ewido on demand scan, or even ewido real time scans as this would surely slow my system?

Toby.

4. Blackspear

OK, this was a previous issue with version 2.0, now with 3.0 I'm not seeing it anymore...

5. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Is safe putting Ewidoguard.exe to excluded list ? (Nod32 is checking this file all the time here).

Best Regards,

DonKid.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Donkid

From the NOD helpfile: In general, it is not recommended to exclude any files, directories or boot sectors from AMON scanning. However, in certain special cases, this option can be applied.

In my case, I excluded my firewall and mouse from being scanned. They were piling up huge numbers in Amon. Everytime I would check to to see what Amon was scanning, my firewall would show up.

I don't suppose scanning Ewido all the time hurts anything. If it bothers you and you feel okay about disabling it, why not? I would remember though, you are disabling realtime protection of Ewido.exe.

Any other opinions?

7. Blackspear

If you are not seeing a slow down, what's the point, if you are seeing a slowdown, worth a try...

My 2 cents ;) :D

8. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I really appreciate all kind of help, suggestions and opinions too.
    I´d like to know, because I´m using too many programs: Spybot, Ewido, Trojan Hunter, Process Guard and Outpost.At home, I just don´t disable my firewall, since I play online sometimes (of course, when I´m not playing, everything is enable.At my job, I have a medium computer, but I use it with everything enabled too.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.