SpywareGuard 2.2 released![split]

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kevm, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevm

kevm Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard 2.2 released!

I am using spyware blaster, I have donated through pay pal. Great product. I also use spybot s and D and have donated to that cause as well. I am also running winpatrol, another Gem...awesome product. ok here is my question.

I am not running the resident tea timer of spybot at this time. this is because I run winpatrol's monitoring.

I was not into running a real time blocker such as spyware guard until recently. more about that in a minute.

Should I run spyware guard real time.? how is the latest version as far as conflicts? I run windows xp service pack 2. Which install file should I use?
    I have never had spyware guard installed before on this system

When was the last update to spyware guard as far as detection database?

Can I run spyware guard with winpatrol and spybots resident tea timer? do they do different things?

I am also considering ad aware's ad watch in the plus version, which sounds a lot like spyware guard.

The reason that I am wanting to run a real time scanner at this time is that I downloaded pest patrol version 5 and it found about 16 pieces of spyware that adaware and spybot s and d missed. One was a keylogger called system spy. I think this is a false positive, since my system does not contain any of the files or registry entries mentioned.. Also pest patrol 5 called my norton antivirus quarantine folder as an unknown pest... I couldnt believe my eyes, so I ran it on my test machine and let it do its thing. It rendered norton antivirus unusable..worse yet, when I restored the removal from quarantine, the folder was still missing.. I had to recreate it manually to get NAV back on its feet. Needless to say I uninstalled pest patrol 5.

Does anyone know anything about system spy key logger and what might detect it reliably? I think it was a false positive, but I want to be sure.

Thanks for your help.. sorry to ask so many questions and to be so long winded

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.