Impossible to run SpywareBaster on ME

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Christof, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christof

Christof Registered Member

I used to have SpywareBlaster on this Windows ME computer. But then I went to update it and was informed that I should download the latest version, which I did.

But before installing it, I un installed the old version and then installed the new 3.2 version. That is when my problems started.

Every time I click on the SpywareBlaster icon I get the following message, on a dark blue screen: An error has occurred.

File name: BCMDMCCP(01)+00000175 Error: 00:0028:E75D40E5

Can anyone decipher this message and tell me what the solution might be?

I already did install SpywareBlaster in safe mode. And it did not help. I also tried the download and install several times already

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you by chance using a BCM modem(BCMDMCCP.vxd) ?

While there has been no success in narrowing this problem down....there are a few threads concerning the BCMDMCCP error and WinME.

I have also moved your thread to the SpywareBlaster Help Forum.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  3. Christof

Thanks Bubba. Yes, a BCM modem is installed on my computer. But I use mainly my cable modem to go on line.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You wouldn't mind being a ginny pig would you ?

If your up to the task....confirm that your still seeing the error message.

I'm not sure all of the steps are necessary....but this is what I would do if I had the problem....since it would really only take a few extra minutes.

1)un-install Spywarebalster
    2)remove your BCM modem software via Add\Remove Hardware or however WinME let's you remove a device.
    3)turn your PC off an physically remove the modem....unless of course it is an onboard modem....in which case perhaps you can disable it somehow ?
    4)If all was succesful....reboot....re-install SpywareBlaster.

To this day....we haven't had a volunteer that could confirm this for us :(

5. Christof

OK Bubba, I did exactly as you suggested. And that did the trick. I completely removed the modem. It probably was a real cheap one anyway, since it came with the computer. I will probably look for a new one. Just in case my cable goes out.

Thanks for the help.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thank you very much for going to the trouble in trying this Chris. While your findings may not satisfy all of the users of the BCM modem....we at least have one confirmation concerning this matter.

Thanks again Chris [​IMG]

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thanks a lot! :D

This is exactly the kind of information I need to reproduce the problem and, with luck, I'll finally be able to get to the bottom of this issue. :cool:

Your dedication and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. SST

SST Registered Member

Okay, just succeeded as well with the install. Only difference was I tried leaving the modem physically in place; just uninstalled/reinstalled the software for it. Worked fine.

Gateway built machine w/ Windows ME, Broadcom v.90 modem

Thanks, SST

9. SST

SST Registered Member

Bet a DOUGHNUT, too, that if the next guy tries just temporarily turning OFF the modem, the install will still go through. (Ctrl/Alt/Del; select "bcmdmmsg", click "end task") Reboot to turn it back on. SST

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

SST....Thanks for sharing that info as it will surely come in handy for those users of BCM modems.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Guest

Im having that problem with the BCMDMCCP(01) + 00000175 Error: 00 : 0028 : C15DB305

But its happening when i go to a particular website.. Zone.com.. Can you fix it without takin out your modem etc.

12. cook91

cook91 Registered Member

Have a FIX to the bcmdmccp.vxd problem. I renamed the bcmdmccp.vxd to bcmdmccp.vxd.[some extension]. e.g. bcmdmccp.vxd.ccp

I can dial out with modem and get into spywareblaster without any error messages.

I listing the computer specs. I formatted the computer and install winme onto it. I installed all drivers for the computer system. I installed spywareblaster and attempted to run it and got the error message. Once I renamed the file, everything is "peachy".

Hope this helps.....Jason

Computer Specs:
    Operating System: WinME
    192 mb ram
    pentium III-866 mhz
    56k broadcom home networking combo modem

13. TeMerc

TeMerc Registered Member

Well, I'm glad this problem was found and figured out, because I think Christof was over at Spyware Warrior Forums under the name calvinandhobbes, with a HJT log, thinking it may have been malware related. I told him his log was clean, and sent him here, as I could not find a similar problem when I looked breifly.

Here is the thread:
    http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=7778&highlight=

And, as I had hoped, it got resolved!!

Kudos to you guys here at Javacool!!!

14. DumbTerminal

DumbTerminal Registered Member

That didnt work for me. I just wanted to let you know for future reference

This worked just fine! Thanks, you guys are awesome!
    I signed up just to let you guys know this helped

15. Ceije

Ceije Registered Member

Thanks to everyone on this issue. I also had the same problem, but it is now also resolved. I used the "bcmdmccp.vxd.[some extension]" fix and it worked.

16. Cservice

Cservice Guest

Just had the same problem with a Gateway Professional and ME. Checked hardware properties and found an unknown device listed. Removed it and restarted. P 'n' P wanted to install a network device. ( There are NO network cards in this comp!!) But I let it look for the NIC on the drivers CD. It found it. installed the nonm existing NIC and the error message went away.
    SOME of the Gateways came with a combo modem/NIC. Can only assume that something in the standalone modem notifies Windows that there is also a NIC and won't act correctly till the NIC is installed.
    Solved this about 10 minutes ago and connected immediatly and updated SpywareBlaster and am nmow updating Windows ME.
    Hope this helps some one. I know this was an older post but if I found it anyone can.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.