Spyware Guard Outdated

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by siljaline, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareGuard's Browser Hijacking Protection component is probably it's most effective protection, and that does not require definition updates. It will catch changes to various browser settings as they happen, and alert you - all in real-time.

The real-time scanning is more heuristic in nature, but to deal with newer threats it is being re-developed. This is the main component that uses the definitions.

Of course, many other significant changes and enhancements are planned.

I hope this helps. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Re: Spyware Guard Outdated (Addendum)

Any indication when Spyware Guard v2.2 will be updated..? If not planning to update v2.2 then and idea when we might expect newer version 2.3 (or whatever version is next on the drawing board including it's name if different than original ect. ect.) As much as I admire heuristics engines for scanning novel infos or changes in system I yearn for an update or upgrade and do believe it was/is a great tool in hardening my system from the evils of the internet ;) lol
    Anyhow as an aside to the above comments and critique I love Spyware Blaster even more so. Please keep up with the great work and ongoing undertaking, as tedious as it is I and the multitudes appreciate the hard work you devote to these integral tools of such paramount import. Thx for your time.

Peace,

-=[Azag-TH0TH]=-

.....Even VXers need protection from those nasty things =P

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Hi,
    Appreciate the comments the will be passed along to the thread I posted.

Regards & keep up the fantastic work.

Silj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.