360 Browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by khanyash, Mar 31, 2014.

1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Thanks for sharing. Will test it in VM.

hqsec

3. rock_man

rock_man Registered Member

Does it use hard-wired plugins to switch between Webkit and IE engines? Have the Google tracking and phone home connections been ripped out of it?

4. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

Webkit and IE?!?

5. rock_man

"Dual Engine
    Powered by Webkit and IE web engines, 360 Browser optimizes the best webpage experience for you."

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I like it!

7. fenson

fenson Registered Member

So far,i like it.I'm using Comodo Dragon for a while,but wanted to try others.I'm trying SuperBird & now this.
    I wish 360 would put the star in the address field to save bookmarks faster,& add what Dragon has..."Do Not Allow Websites To Know Where You Came From(surpress HTTP Referrer header)".

8. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I just tested it and did not like it. I had spikes in high CPU where the fan worked to maximum. Also it was just like any other chrome based browser with nothing special. Heck I even tested some malware links and it seems it in-cloud protection did nothing chrome would do.

I still have not find any chrome based browser that works better then coolnovo browser which is fast and multi-engines and lite in the chrome based browsers.

9. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Right now as I type this, 360 is using 2 processes totaling 49K with CPU fluctuating between 1-5%. Chrome has 5 processes totaling 270K, with the same CPU usage. The only thing that 360 doesn't have which I really like is the auto language translate that Chrome has.

Also, no extra services were added like the two that Chrome adds.

10. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Do you have more extensions in Chrome? Chrome uses separate processes for each extension, plugin, etc. A bare Chrome with one tab open should use three processes:

Chrome.exe (broker process)
    - Chrome.exe (GPU process)
    - Chrome.exe (tab)

11. tolis14

tolis14 Registered Member

Hello,

I am having a problem with downloads from Freakshare when using 360 Browser. The download starts but then it stops and says that it has been cancelled. Anybody having the same issue?

Thanks

12. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

well I have a a old 4 years old compact pc (small) and the fan is very sensitives to spikes of high cpu and etc., so when a program does it, the fan goes to loud over-drive noise. I use it to test the applications effects on windows and pc. So far the only browsers that effected it are 360 browser, baidu spark and waterfox.

Thats why I am using coolnovo browser, as it does not cause this spikes, even with tons of extensions.

13. Amin

Amin Registered Member

I've got a problem with address bar, I can't see the url addresses in the address bar as you can see in screenshot below. when I click inside the address bar it just gets worse and worse. are any of you experiencing this freakish bug?

everything else works just fine, It's fast and lite. I would use it as my secondary web browser if they fix that problem!

address bar.png

Windows 8.1 pro 32bit

Regards,
    Amin

14. woomera

woomera Registered Member

i rather be snooped on by Google than 360, heh.

15. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Download manager in 360 is normal like in browsers or its download accelerator like IDM, FDM?

Are there browsers with inbuilt adblocker & download accelerator?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  16. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I installed this on a virtual machine where I'm testing OA
    the first two alerts considered, explicitly, the installer to be malware
    I allowed it to go on and, along the way, there were other alerts,
    many to actions not warranted to a browser
    I'll have to agree with Emsisoft's classification

Call me racist or whatever politically correct ****
    but Chinese software won't go outside my VMs

Attached Files:

• 01.PNG
      01.PNG
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • 02.PNG
      02.PNG
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
    • 03.PNG
      03.PNG
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  17. rock_man

Screen logger detected? Wow, that's not cool. Have you got that alert for any other legitimate software? i.e. False Positive?

18. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

nope

there were other alerts
    like using explorer.exe to access the net
    gaining control over several Windows processes
    and more cool stuff

installing software with OA can be trying
    but it's so revealing

19. rock_man

Why would a web browser need to do all that? I'll stick to IE11, thank you.

20. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Guys please stop bashing Chinese ppl, that's not like what You think. :) I wonder why some people have such special pessimistic perspective about Chinese ppl o_O just forget about countries borders, we are all humans, that's all that matters.

uhhm, my point of view about OA: it's kinda prone to generate FAs, and that's one of the reasons I couldn't stand it anymore, therefore removed it unhappily. I'm running 360 browser with having all CFW guards switched on, I didn't get any single alert. you wanna know how much inaccurate online armor can be regarding screen loggers, ok be my guest, just Google this : "online armor screen logger"

Our mad fellow flags almost everything as screen logger :blink: however, I still like it :)

Regards,
    Amin

21. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks for clearing this a bit more. :)

22. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Who said anything about Chinese people?
    Don't be stupid

It's not false alerts
    it's a HIPS alerting to every action,
    if you can't tell the difference use something else

If CFW is Comodo firewall I'm not surprised,
    once something is in their Trusted Vendors List
    everything will be allowed

Googling that only shows a HIPS detecting keylogger behavior (its job)
    which is to be found in media players, PDF readers and so many others,
    and users unfamiliar with what that is, so screaming out "false positive"

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  23. Amin

Amin Registered Member

↓↓↓
    maybe that was me :argh:
    Chinese software = a software that has been made by Chinese ppl!
    and I'm not stupid, my mother had me tested when I was a kid! :)

yes it is. I know the difference. I'm studying security engineering last time I checked. HIPS is not separate from the AV, it's just another AV's module and it belongs to AV. it makes no difference whether a file was detected via HIPS or sigs database, becuz in the end we'd call both a detection or a false positive. therefor wrongly flagging a file as a "screen logger" through HIPS alerts or any other modules, is a "false alarm".

HIPS alerts are always welcome for all I care, but when it says "Screen logger detected" it's not just an alert, It's a detection as well.

firstly, you can't just simply say "Trusted Vendors", There is a highly standard procedure behind that.

+ & +

For what it's worth I have disabled 'Trust Applications signed by Trusted Vendors' in the File rating Settings panel. I also set HIPS to paranoid mode. although Comodo generated HIPS alerts, it never flagged '360 browser' as a "screen logger" nor recommended me to block it!

Come on, Don't tell us "IE, Acrobat reader, firefox, KeePass, bitcoin and etc" are all screen loggers along with 360 browser! :p

as I said, a detection is a detection regardless of being detected by HIPS or Sigs.

and a "HIPS alert" is different from a "Malware detection" (I mean the 'screen logger detected' thing!) HIPS alerts are normal, but what we are talking about is "HIPS alert + virus detected"

So I think the problem lies on weak white list capabilities, or maybe you're running 360 browser using 'Run safer'.

Regards,
    Amin

24. DBone

DBone Registered Member

LOL! Love that :thumb:

25. rock_man

Firstly, do not make sweeping statements like that. Only one poster mentioned "Chinese".

Your response does not help the the discussion. I already challenged Joxx asking if 360 browser is the only browser that triggered OA security alerts.

The questions remains, why does the 360 Browser require such deep hooks compared to other web browsers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.