Resetting Taskbar

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Ramza, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Registered Member

I don't know if this is the right place, as I am new to this forum. Anyway, this is my problem:

Every time I reboot my computer, my Quick Launch bar resets in a particular manner (alphabetical order according to name of the shortcut) and a taskbar toolbar popup (rt-click taskbar>Toolbars>Search Assistant) always returns.

I don't know what is causing it and it is getting very annoying.. does anyone know what's causing it?

2. Newkid

Newkid Spyware Fighter

Hello Ramza,

In order to accurately ascess your problem, you need to install the Hijackthis from here.. http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/hjt.zip/

Go there and download the zip file to it own permanent folder (i.e. C:\Hijack This\hjt.zip). Please not download the same either at desktop or in temp folder. This will allow it to make back-ups of any changes you make. This is important in the event you need to restore items you chose to fix with Hijack This.

Now Unzip the file and double click on the HijackThis.exe icon. When finished loading click on the Scan button. Next click on the Save Log button.

Now, start a new thread here :https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
    copy the contents and paste them there to be checked.

Please do not fix anything yet as most of what it shows is either necessary or harmless.

Someone there on the board will check it for you...

With Thanks !
    Newkid !

3. Ramza

Ramza Registered Member

Ok, I found the exact same thread that you have mentioned and fixed my problem. I ignored noob rule #1:

Use search first. :D

Thanks for your help. I never knew a program like HiJackThis.exe existed.

-Ramza Beoulve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.