No Trace

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hogndog, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Discussed in the must-have extensions thread some time ago - a must-have indeed :)

http://isis.dia.unisa.it/projects/NoTrace/index.html

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2076183&postcount=738

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, I thought I would give this a try. It significantly slowed down my browser as page load times increased quite a bit. I ran it for an hour or so but slowdown was so bad that I had to remove it. I only tested it with the default settings as IMHO those should be optimized for the normal user. Since its initial performance was so weak on my system, I did not do any tweaking (again default settings should have been optimal). My opinion is it could be a good product as it done as advertised, the only thing is the developers need to desperately work on the speed issue.

4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

The speed issue is probably due to the number of web tracking elements its blocking, there are several ways to adjust for that. This application is strictly a blocking agent, some sites don't open at all, when i read the list of elements it was blocking it was a foot long, did you try the various settings? remember now this was designed with our privacy in mind..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.