Help! All my IE toolbars have dissappeared!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vkidv, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

Help! All my IE toolbars have dissappeared! [ Solved ]

Solved - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32427

Help! All my IE toolbars have dissappeared!
    ^ I mean the custom ones not the ones that are always On IE.

I had the following toolbars;
    Google Toolbar
    Yahoo Companion/Toolbar
    Norton Web Assistant and Norton Anti Virus things.

I was playing with some security software* the same day and it must have disabled them - I think they're disabled and not rememoved as the DLL files remain and BHO Demon reports that they are not disabled;

Basically they dont show up And even if i right click the blank space its not there.

Hijack this:
    Code:
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

Theres the few headings which i know that they're have not been disabled.

I have recently installed/uninstalled/ played with
    a) ZoneLog ZoneAlarm Firewall Log analyser [uninstalled - did not like that much]
    b) Qwik Fix :'( :mad: - Im sure it was this that disabled it.
    c) Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3 i recently installed
    d) UNINSTALLTING PANICWARE POPUP STOPPER! - This could be another reason as this is toolbar i had - But i found out it was useless to have this once i got the proxomitron/norton web assistant.

>> I seem to have a problem with uninstalling and installing new software - I have no control :p And i generally just enjoy using programs..
    I am not that good at organising my computer and keeping it clean and stuff but my security is very high [i hope ].

Does anybody have any ideas how i can re-enable my tollbars?
    >> I first guessed it was something wrong with the CLSIDS.. but they seem OK.. But i'll check again in a minite.

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  2. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I havent installed Spybots Search and destroy 1.3 yet...is it out of beta? however in SSD 1.2 under tools it lists all of the BHO's (Browser Help Objects) and allows you to toggle between activate and deactivating them. Therefore maybe you can do the same with SSD 1.3?

- HandsOff

3. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.