V5.0.95 icon turning orange all the time

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by enduser999, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

For some unknown reason a clean install of NOD32 v5.0.95 systray icon is changing to orange very frequently yet when I click on the icon no indication why the heck this is happening. Win7 x64.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. bcronin

bcronin Registered Member

Same for me. Disabling gamer mode altogether fixes it (though it is still curious why the gamer mode warning is happening when I am not playing any games). I suspect your system andmine have something in common that triggers this behavior.
    --
    bc

4. enduser999

None of those situations apply to me. I click on the orange systray icon, the NOD32 window opens and I then close that window and the systray icon turns green. Gamer mode is disabled.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

are you running any theme? or do you have backround pics cycling? this is what caused it for me. even with gamer mode disabled i had to stop the backround cycling and set it to a single backround. something was setting ess off with the changing backrounds. some themes i have also seen cause the same issue from a few clients i have dealt with.

6. enduser999

Windows desktop background is a static image. I looked again today and discovered that NOD32 for some reason had automatic gaming mode enabled and erroneously was changing into gaming mode on its own. Have disabled that option entirely to see if that fixes it once and for all.

7. enduser999

The icon turned orange again so I clicked on and seen no yellow or orange colored text. Then I stared at the screen and discovered "Operatig System is not up to date" but it was in green rather than orang or yellow. The computer icon on the same Home tab had a green screen with a check mark in it.

Should not these types of warnings stand out and not be in green which to my thinking indicates no problem?

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Notifications about missing Windows updates are displayed with green status intentionally.

9. enduser999

This user would like to see a clean indication when one opens the main interface of the application. The icon again turned orange, I opened the application to see what the problem was and stared and stared. Then I clicked on Update on the left sidebar and discovered that was where the problem was. The last signature update failed.

I now notice that the systray icon no longer responds to right or left mouse clicks and the only way to get to the main interface is via the All Programs entry. A reboot fixed it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.