ADinf32 version 4.14 released [09 March 2012]

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

ADinf32 version 4.14 has been released - 09 March 2012

http://www.adinf.com/

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks FanJ!

One question: I dug deeply into ADinf's website but could not find any info as to which Windows versions are supported. Obviously ADinf32 doesn't support 64-bit Windows, but ... does it support Vista & Windows7 32-bit versions? Do you know?

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Bill,

Yes, it does support Win 7 64-bit :)

Last year (Feb 2011) I asked Dmitry about it. About that time (forgive me for the exact release date) version 4 was released. He told me at that time that it is now supporting Win 7 64 bit.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Jan

edited to add:

See the FAQ http://adinf.com/en/faq/

11) What operating systems are supported by ADinf?
    12) Does ADinf support 64 bit systems? Does it work in Vista?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

BTW, as for "Fixed detection and removal of VBR (Volume Boot Record) viruses at NTFS partitions.":

See FAQ http://adinf.com/en/faq/
    10) What does it mean: "Removal of VBR viruses?"

5. bellgamin

Good to know. Jan, I recommend that you suggest the following to Dmitry:

1- That he change the name, "ADinf32", to the name ,"ADinf". To me the "32" strongly infers that ADinf works for 32-bit only.

2- That the Windows versions covered or not covered by ADinf be listed in the FAQ or elsewhere on the ADinf website.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another question for Jan -- what is the difference between the regular & "Pro" versions of ADinf?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For all -- the price of ADinf regular is $9.95.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Bill,

Dmitry has added answers to questions raised here in the FAQ (thanks Dmitry :) ):
    http://adinf.com/en/faq/

Like:
    10) What does it mean: "Removal of VBR viruses?"

11) What operating systems are supported by ADinf?
    12) Does ADinf support 64 bit systems? Does it work in Vista?
    About your question ADinf32 versus ADinf32 Pro version:
    The Pro version has also the LAN64 HASH Algorithm.
    See FAQ : 7) What is the objective of ADinf32 Pro version?

About the name, may I point to the History page:
    http://adinf.com/en/history/

7. bellgamin

Thanks to you, Jan, & thanks to Dmitry as well.

The write-up under FAQ 7 is extensive & interesting. For the truly paranoid (or if your job depends on STRONG computer security) LAN64 is well worth the few additional dollars ($14.95 for PRO vs $9.95 for regular.)

Interesting BUT -- why jeopardize possible sales to 64-bit users by leaving "32" in ADinf's name?

NEW QUESTIONS:

1- Does the trial version of ADinf32 include PRO capabilities so that all I have to do is enter a PRO registration key in order to unlock those PRO capabilities?

2- Does ADinf32 require a restart during installation?

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Your questions have been answered by Dmitry in the new FAQ 13 and 14 :D
    http://adinf.com/en/faq/

13) Does the trial version of ADinf32 include PRO capabilities so that all I have to do is enter a PRO registration key in order to unlock those PRO capabilities?
    14) Does ADinf32 require a restart during installation?

9. bellgamin

Many thanks to Jan & Dmitri!

I am very impressed by Dmitri's rapid responses -- that bodes well for getting rapid tech support for ADinf, should any be needed.

An Integrity Checker (IC) -- such as ADinf -- works best for me, when I schedule its use as follows:

A- I use my IC immediately after I update or uninstall old programs, or install new programs. That way I can see & "bless" the *expected* changes to registry etc. It is important to do this so that these *expected* changes aren't around to muddy the waters when I run the IC under "B" below.

B- I run my IC fairly often when I have NOT updated, installed, uninstalled etc. At those times -- because I have cleaned out the *expected* changes to registry etc ("A" above) -- it is much easier to spot suspicious changes & chase them down.

I run only 2 security apps in real-time -- an AV w/behavior blocker built in, & a firewall with HIPS built in. In the past few years (AFAIK) only two nasties got past my AV+FW combo, & then they did so only because I instructed my security apps to Trust the carrier-programs that brought these nasties as their payload. My IC came to the rescue by showing me that some really strange & unexpected changes had been made by those nasties. I restored a clean image & ... no real harm done.

I feel that an IC is a good fail-safe, especially if I do something dumb as in the 2 cases discussed above. The IC gives me a 2nd chance to recover from dumb mistakes. Of course, my IC doesn't protect me from making yet another dumb mistake when using the IC itself.

Speaking of which -- I am always in the market for a security app that gives total protection from dumb users. If you know of one, please let me know. :cool:

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

And thanks to you Bill as well for you contributions :thumb:
    And of course also to Dmitry :)

It's great to see that this program that was first developped in 1991, is still alive :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.