CCleaner was still cleaning items after Sandboxie delete

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by RCGuy, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hello, WSF.

I seem to be having some strange problems with my limited account.

Now in the majority of instances when I use my administrator account or my limited account, I used Sandboxie. And everytime after I use Sandboxie, I "Delete Contents." Also, after I delete the Sandboxie content, I run CCleaner....and most of the times 0 bytes of anything shows on the screen(which makes sense). However, sometimes there's a few files here, and a few files there that are still removed by CCleaner...things such as Windows Log Files.

But not too long ago, after deleting contents from Sandboxie, CCleaner was still able to delete 0.54 MB of files...which included 32 KB of "History" files, 1 KB of "Recent Documents" files, 522 KB of "Temporary Files" files, and 1 KB of "Windows Log Files" files.(See image capture at bottom of post.)

But what I would like to know is: Why is CCleaner being able to remove all of these files when Sandboxie Delete Contents is suppose to delete all of the files that you used when using the web? Also, after I made the screen capture below, CCleaner now no longer removes that amount of files(0.54 MB) after a Sandoxie Delete Contents, and now only removes 0 bytes or maybe 1 KB of Windows Log Files.

But has this happened to anyone else before...or does anyone have any idea as to what may be going on?

Also, one more thing that I wanted to mention. Not too long ago, I reformatted my hard drive. Although with an e-machine computer, it's called something else(that I can't think of right now) where you're essentially writing over the former hard drive set up from an e-machine recovery file, which is on the hard drive. But anyway, after I reformatted my computer and created the limited account....my Avast Antivirus alerted me of and intercepted a trojan horse. :eek: But since then, I haven't felt real comfortable with my computer and don't go to any crucial websites such as my banking site, etc. Also, I had been thinking about D-banning my hard drive and starting over completely fresh with the recovery disc that I have.

But any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, I understand what the "Windows Explorer - Recent Documents" files are. After I made the above post, I deleted contents of Sandboxie and ran CCleaner and there was 1 KB of the "Recent Documents" which came from me opening up "My Documents" in Windows Explorer and looking at "My Pictures" folder to the check screen shot of CCleaner that I posted.

Also, I'm assuming that the "System - Windows Log Files" are just that. The files used when logging into my account. However, I just found this:

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/windows-tab/system-files

which explains the "System - Windows Log Files" and the other System Files.

But I also looked at this for the "Internet Explorer" files:

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/windows-tab/internet-explorer-files

and saw where it says:

However, I still don't understand why I had 32 KB of IE History files after using Sandboxie Delete Contents.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

that ie index file is recreated every time. it is blank though; another system file

4. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Hi RCGuy
    ur using 3.14
    there is an update available 3.15.1643;)

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, sometimes after deleting Sandboxie content, my CCleaner scan will show 0 bytes.

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I know. I made the screen shot while 3.14 was currently in use. But I have update to 3.15.1643 though.

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

What do you mean by: it is blank though?

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

after it is deleted and when recreated it is blank.

9. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, why do they have the numeric values in them?

10. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

So I guess that the "Why" is irrelevant and all that I need to know is that the numeric values in CCleaner after Deleting Contents in Sandboxie are blanks. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.