Bit Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When I got my first PC I think it came with Norton. After a couple of years I changed to BD.
    BD served me well for a couple of years, and then did not get along with other security applications. BD folks told me to get rid of everything, even my firewall, and just keep BD AV with no firewall. I ditched BD, and that has been maybe 10 years.

Currently BD is showing up well in about every test. I am wondering how many are using it, and if it plays well with MBAM, SAS, and Win Patrol?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I don't think you can install MBAM with bitdefender. I tried doing that yesterday on my wife's laptop. Wouldn't let me install without uninstalling MBAM. I haven't tried bitdenfender recently but I've read that a lot of folks say that it is a little sluggish on the system.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

You can install it after you install bit defender, kaspersky also removes malware bytes, but they work perfectly well together (free version) if you install it again after, not sure why companies do this, the cynic in me may suggest they don't like free software finding stuff they missed!

4. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have been reading a few threads on BD and the detection rate is excellent but the effects of BD on your system can make It sluggish and
    I would rather forgo a higher detection rate and have an AV that runs lighter without slowing down my system.

5. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

The answer would be Try the trial by yourself.
    Its detection rate is excellent but it cuts your internet speed by 50%
    & The impact on the system can be clearly seen.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. Based upon those replies I am going to pass on BD. One thing that kept me from trying BD again was the rudeness of the BD support forums. Their attitude was that if you did not like the way BD worked you were a jerk.

Jerry

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

They need AV rehab!!!! Good for you JerryM!:D

8. iScream

iScream Registered Member

It tells you to uninstall, but you can reinstall it afterwards, I'm running BD IS along with MB Pro, and no conflicts. I did add some exclusions that they advised to do, though.

And yes, you can think about choosing ~the best protection with some slowdowns.

9. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Irrespective of its recent up rise in the market, I had a torrid time testing it. The installation was a pain in the arse, the way it works, so confusing, and many other things...

In short, I ended up uninstalling it in just a matter of few hours, it was simply rubbish for me.

Extremely disappointed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.