Browser keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Jeroen1000, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

This issue has been following me through as many beta versions as I can remember. If identity shield is protecting the browser a "." becomes a ";" and the "@" sign is always doubled.

Joe, can you please look into fixing this because I've reported it to support 3 times to no avail.

Much appreciated,
    Jeroen

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know if you're using any key scrambling tools/browser protection tools and what language your keyboard/OS are in so that I can try to reproduce it?

Thanks!

3. Jeroen1000

Let me think here, I'm using Eset (latest 4.x version). No problems here I suppose. Perhaps Comodo Firewall interferes, I could turn this off and see what happens. No other software is interfering as far as I know.

My OS is a Windows XP SP3 English. My Firefox download (upgrading to the latest version did not work as I still had a 3.6 branch installed) is British English (Internet explorer suffers from the same bug though). My keyboard layout is Belgian period (AZERTY layout).
    If you need any specific setting, I could easily check it for you. I'm positive identity shield is causing this as I can either turn it off or tell it to stop protecting Firefox or Internet explorer. Both approaches work.

Alternatively, I could install the beta on my Windows 7 laptop and see whether it behaves the same.

You have my full assistance to eliminate this one:))

4. Pierrequiroule

Pierrequiroule Registered Member

It may not be necessary: and can confirm that I have been experiencing the same issue with Win7 x64 SP1 and Firefox. As for IE, the issue is a little bit different: instead of getting a double "@" sign, I only get one "@" sign... and a Windows error sound! (C: > Windows > Media > Windows - Ding)

@PrevxHelp: Here is some more info, in case it would help: My Win7 version is in French, and the keyboard I am using is named "Français (Canada)". Besides WSA beta, I am using Comodo Firewall and Avast! Free.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. PrevxHelp

Thank you both for the assistance :thumb: I suspect this is due to the non-English keyboard layouts not being handled properly. I'll look into what options we have to work around them.

Please let me know if you find anything else in the meantime!

6. Jeroen1000

Any news on this?:)

7. Jeroen1000

still no fix with latest update(8.0.1.42). This is starting to take an awful long time guys:). Is it hard to fix?

cheers,
    Jeroen

8. PrevxHelp

We're hoping to have this fixed in the next round of builds (8.0.1.70+) which should correct it for your keyboard layout as well as other non-English layouts.

Sorry for the delay!

9. Jeroen1000

Thanks for the update Joe:thumb: . It is the only niggle to an otherwise brilliant solution so far (except for my threat overview screen:D )

10. Pierrequiroule

I am still experiencing the issue with the latest update (v.8.0.1.75)... (a rather small issue, but seemingly hard to fix!)

11. Jeroen1000

Still no fix in 8.0.1.82. Any ETA on this one Joe? I've it's kind of annoying when you try to type a password with an "." in it when you realise it is Webroot messing it up after 5 tries:).

12. PrevxHelp

No solution yet, but hopefully one coming shortly! Sorry again for the hassle :(

13. fblais

fblais Registered Member

I also have a french-canadian keyboard but don't have these issues.
    I'm running XP Pro SP3 though. (and 32 bits of course)
    Can you try without the other security programs?

14. PrevxHelp

If any of you are on the .92 closed beta branch, could you please let me know if the issue still persists?

Thanks!

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

One issue I have which I reported to Support is when typing in web forms such as this, letters get missed, jumbled up or duplicated. It doesn't always occur, but is a pain when it does. Support suggested the keyboard drivers need updating as this issue usually occurs when the drivers are outdated; Microsoft has no latest drivers for the keyboard I'm using on a Windows XP system and I have tried a different keyboard since and the same problem persists.

I'm now testing with Identity Shield disabled and there is no issue. It seems to me Identity Shield is conflicting somewhere. It would be nice to use the keyboard properly without having to retype because of missing characters or whatever.

[Windows XP Home/Firefox 9.0.1/WSA 8.0.1.92]

16. Jeroen1000

Hi Joe,
    It appears to be fixed for me:D. 1 less thing to worry about!

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I spoke too soon. Just seen some garbled message as I typed. It's ok right at this minute though. Weird.

18. Pierrequiroule

Hi Joe,

As far as I am concerned, there is still no fix with v.8.0.1.92.

[Win7 64x / Firefox 9.0.1]

19. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Firefox has been updated to 10.0, can you try it?

20. Pierrequiroule

I just updated Firefox to v.10.0 and the issue still persists...

21. Jeroen1000

You know what. I did not check it after a reboot. So I'll do that and also deinstall and reinstall Webroot and check again. Just to make sure.

Because behaviour was normal after the upgrade.

22. Jeroen1000

UGh no dice. It appears I spoke to soon. It works normal when I log in with Remote Administrator, but it does not work when I'm actually in front of the computer. :cautious:

23. Jeroen1000

Joe, is there anything concrete we can do to get this fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.