Anonymous attacks agri-giant Monsanto, leaking information on 2,500 employees

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by PJC, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I'll be interested to see what they dug up. Some of the things this company is involved in (with support from this government) are beyond controversial, and unfortunately can't be discussed on this forum. If Anonymous managed to gain access to some of this, I'd expect them to be taken down in a big hurry.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"The group claimed it spent two months attacking the Monsanto network to access hundreds of pages of documents that it contends reveal “Monsanto's corrupt, unethical, and downright evil business practices.”

The group also promised to post a wiki providing all the information, including articles and emails, "in a more centralized and stable environment," similar to what it did with HB Gary Federal emails on the AnonLeaks site earlier this year."

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrast...Releases-Employee-Contact-Data-177827/?kc=rss

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

+1. Monsanto has quite a reputation. Let's see what's been rounded up.

5. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"I am weally looking forward to weeding what they wound up too. Still waiting for their GMO wound-up carrot seeds"

Bugs Bunny, July 15,2011

6. noone_particular

I was quite curious as to what the motivation was for this attack. A quick search on Google yielded links with headlines such as:
    When I go to these pages, they say nothing about lawsuits against dairy (farmers). This article sheds some light on some of the motivation behind these attacks. http://www.keepmainefree.org/suesuesue.html.

7. AnonRogue

AnonRogue Registered Member

8. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I hope they destroy each other.

9. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I didn't think Anonymous watched such important documentaries like,
    "The Future of Food", "Trading on Thin Air", "F.L.O.W.", "Gashole".

The other part of the issue with Monsanto, highlighted in the documentary "Future of Food", is how fruits and vegetables became patentable. Unfortunately no one, except maybe Monsanto, realized the wind can pollinate a farmers field, who hadn't used GMO seeds, if grown near a farm that did, contaminating his crop, then still being sued for infringement of patents. The original ruling should be repealed or modified.

10. Searching_ _ _

Don't you fear retribution for your harsh comments?
    If your scared Hungry Man, get a big dog!

11. Hungry Man

lest I incur their wrath I'll keep further comments to myself

after all, I wouldn't want a legion of script kiddies attacking me and god forbid one of the actual few decent hackers on that scene comes after me -- though I feel the actual skilled hackers of Anon have better things to do

12. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

It's a good example of laws being twisted, if it is how you say.

Anyone sane sees an 'invasion'/contamination of private property, and the farmer who doesn't use Monsanto's seeds is entitled to compensation.

13. Hungry Man

Its really just laws being created/ blatantly broken. Mansanto basically owns the US government.

14. noone_particular

The bottom line is that Monsanto is trying to seize control and claim ownership of the world food supply, with the support of the US government. Anyone bothered to look up Monsanto's "terminator technology"? Anyone notice who the present administration put in charge of food safety? The reason for all this is simple. If you control the food supply, you control the people. This has corporate/government enslavement written all over it, starting with the 3rd world countries. This company (and their government puppets) should be charged with crimes against humanity for what they're doing and trying to do. Anonymous chose well when they targeted them. Whatever they dig up needs to be looked into thoroughly.

15. hawki

hawki Registered Member

July 17, 2011

MONSANTO'S CRUEL PLANS

Monsanto began to take over our food supply in the 1990s. First came soybeans with genes manipulated to withstand Monsanto's chief money maker, Roundup. Shortly thereafter came Bt corn.
    Bacillus thuriengensis is a natural organism which was being used by organic farmers for pest control. Monsanto blasted it into corn seed and had its second patented crop. GM canola and papaya followed soon after, and then along came Roundup Ready corn and rice. Other biotech seed companies entered the game and applied for patents on vegetable crops and trees. My understanding is that rice was manipulated to contain vaccines and to my knowledge has not been grown commercially.

Recently, in spite of many protests and comments to the contrary, the US Department of Agriculture approved Monsanto's Roundup Ready sugar beets and alfalfa for unlimited planting. GM Kentucky bluegrass is also just approved without restrictions.

GM alfalfa will cross with regular alfalfa in the area and will destroy organic farms on a wide scale, especially dairies which depend on alfalfa. A requirement of organic certification is that no genetically modified crops can be grown.

Almost immediately upon introducing patented seeds, Monsanto began suing farmers whose land had been accidentally contaminated by those patented seeds, and/or farmers who dared to save their own seed from a Monsanto crop to replant. Hundreds of farmers are said to have been sued. Monsanto is believed to employ 75 people who work full time on investigating and prosecuting farmers who do not cooperate with Monsanto's plans.

The truly sad thing is that GM crops are no better than ordinary non-GM crops, in fact they are worse. They require increasing amounts of RoundUp and other herbicides to control super weeds, and yields fall drastically after only a few years of GM crops.

Now comes the food crime of the century. Monsanto has applied in 170 countries for patents on common pig genes. A European pig farmer has found that approximately 75 percent of the pigs in his area already carry this/these ordinary gene. If Monsanto obtains patents, pig farmers will owe fees to Monsanto for every pig born with that gene. They will either pay or give up farming. It's a win/win for Monsanto and a lose/lose for farmers everywhere, and for us.

This attempt to patent pig genes is the most cruel, the most insidious, the most far reaching and stealthy thing in the long list of Monsanto's sins, making Agent Orange and Bovine Growth Hormone [sBGH] look like strawberry sherbert. And have we read about this latest gamut in the media? Doubtful. Monsanto exercises strict control over the media. These latest patent applications, if successful, will affect every hog farmer in the world and every consumer of pork in the world. And Monsanto won't stop here. Monsanto's business plan is to control ALL food in ALL the world in 20-30 years. They are well on their way, my friends.

Full Story here: http://www.opednews.com/articles/MONSANTO-S-CRUEL-PLANS-by-Anne-Mendenhall-110717-947.html

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  16. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Susan George in Le Monde Diplomatique, 2003:
    http://www.uned.es/122049/archivos/george1.html

17. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wow, can they attack a more evil agri-giant?

18. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Probably not :)
    http://www.redpepper.org.uk/biotech-bonanza/

http://www.redpepper.org.uk/strange-fruit/

19. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Report: FBI raids alleged Anonymous homes

The FBI searched three homes allegedly of Anonymous members early this morning, Fox News is reporting.

According to Fox News, the FBI had warrants to search two homes in Long Island, N.Y., and another in Brooklyn on suspicion that people living in those homes are alleged Anonymous members. The agents had warrants to search the homes and seize computers and "computer-related accessories," Fox News reported.

The three people cited in the search warrants apparently were between their late teens and early 20s.

More here:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20080625-17/report-fbi-raids-alleged-anonymous-homes

20. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I believe that Monsanto is possibly the most dangerous corporate entity on the planet.
    Souless, utterly Ruthless, Unaccountable and completely Amoral.

Although I dont wish harm to any individual from exposure of personal details ......Any exposure of any corporate malfeasance would be welcome.

Although now 4 years old, and the world has changed since then..
    I recommend anyone interested in an unusual take on corporations get, "The Corporation"
    Background:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corporation.

"One theme is its assessment as a "personality", as a result of an 1886 case in the United States Supreme Court in which a statement by Chief Justice Morrison R. Waite[nb 1] led to corporations as "persons" having the same rights as human beings, based on the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution."

Any "person" who was found to be behaving as Monsanto ..and others.. would have been locked up for a long time by now.

Interesting how some of the corporates featured have since immolated at massive cost to the economic and social fabric.

Heh, not sure G-S or Monsanto even gets a mention..that was then... been some great reading come out of the GFC re what complete effwits many of the corporates are if "assessed" as a personality profile.

21. infringer

infringer Registered Member

Agreed...

Monsanto needs to be further exposed of there malicious doings. But exposure is only half the battle when you have people once Monsanto employees involved with the FDA its kind of hard to fix the root cause of problems when the roots are rooting in the same organization that controls them...

For all of you who want some of this information but do not want to hack to find it... It is freely distributed in documentary form search for one called "Food Inc." for starters.

This is no conspiracy theory do your own investigating much of what you hear is true the money has stained this country and what it was founded on we need to take our land of the free back from corporate America and return to what it was founded by of the people by the people what people you ask not just I and Me but yourself and yours as well. I see way too many great peoples life wasted working at crappy paying jobs and putting up with lots of double standards and rhetorical garbage and lots of double talk everyone fighting over useless scraps backstabbing one another to get an extra penny knowing you are a slave to these conditions. Then the media machine saying how broke we are as a country over and over empowering these corporations to be even more controlling.

In the famous words of Mel Gibson from braveheart!

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm!

I don't believe this gives us the right to commit crime ourselves for those of you who feel this way there are legal alternatives out there...

1. Join the EFF they fight for us in the court room legally all funded by donations.
    2. Join Hackers For Charity and give poorer people of the US a better life.
    3. Form groups of people and invest money in things that will have a decent ROI then continue down this road to financial freedom.
    4. Join Walmart and find old people to buy life insurance on... AKA dead peasant insurance. Heh just checking if you are reading!
    5. Boycott corporations and small companies cause believe me there are many who do not treat there employees fairly. Small ones tend to exploit there workforce even more so with double standards and keeping honest hard working people down trying to make them feel like it is the only place that they can work for the crap pay they make. And they all do it under a guise of some sort like we are a "family owned" business or whatever would be the case if you ever get into one of these and you are not friends with or family of you can paint yourself as "SCREWED" don't waste your time I'm warning you.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  22. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Related:
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Principal-agent_problem
    6. Support anyone who wants to drastically cut patents term, or outright remove patents from the system.

23. noone_particular

There are legal alternatives. Unfortunately, they're basically ineffective when it comes to dealing with companies like these. How can one expect help from the courts when they're convicting people with laws that are designed for corporate interests? Show me a "legal" recourse against this kind of company, one that has a chance of succeeding.

We've reached a crossroads where what is legal and what is right or moral are liable to be on opposite sides. Companies like Monsanto and their government puppets are for all purposes, morally bankrupt. Thanks to their deep pockets and influence, what they do might be legal, but it's completely immoral and wrong no matter how you look at it. The law isn't there to destroy people for making a living just because a corporate predator claims "intellectual property" on something that was never theirs in the first place and existed long before they did. When legislation can be purchased, the rule of law is reduced to the rule of money, at which point it loses all connection with what is good, moral, or right. IOW, it's nothing but empty words for continuing the status quo.

I see lots of people here condemning groups like Anonymous and second guessing their motives. These same people don't seem to have any better ideas. They're good at pointing out whats wrong with someone elses actions while they themselves do nothing at all. I might not agree with their methods, but they are trying to do something, which is more than can be said for the morally spineless majority. Instead of picking at their motives or their actions, come up with something better, or equal, or something. Just don't sit idle. When big money gets to make the rules (laws), playing by their rules is nothing short of a surrender.

This has been building for a long time. Many of us have tried to raise the alarm for years, only to be labelled paranoid or worse. In rercent times, a lot of what we've been saying has been verified. We have one chance to turn this around, and that chance is now. Is what we were founded on worth keeping? Then treat it as such. No one said this would be easy, or safe. What's freedom worth to you? Answer that question to yourself, then act on the answer. I'll be the first to say that I don't care for some of what Anonymous or Lulzsec does, but in the same breath, I will say that they are at least trying, while the majority stick their heads into the sand.

24. Searching_ _ _

It is right to stand up for what we believe in, individually or collectively. Revolution may come or we will continue to sleep; We each have a choice, a voice, a feeling to set aright the wrong imposed.

Currently, various groups or entities are attempting to control vital natural resources we all take for granted, water, air, food and oil. The privatizing of water throughout the world by Thames, Vivend and Suez; The Carbon Credit ponzie scheme for the air; Owning the food supply by Monsanto through the patenting of fruits and vegetables; the consolidation of all oil companies down to 7, 6 of which are owned by Rockefeller. If they succeed we will all be slaves to a few corporations, our basic survival depending on their kindness.

John Titor, a late 90's message board poster claiming to be from the future, had said that we were going to have a revolution within our country in our future, and that the General who leads those revolting will be a farmer. I don't know if this guy was for real, but it feels like he will be correct by what is happening now. These Monsanto shenanigans make what he said seem possible, if not probable.

This is not a good idea. Patents are useful and make it possible for a person with limited resources to be guaranteed, for 20 years, the potential to make money from their work. Without a patent system the little guy would have no chance to benefit. Copy rights for literary works are for 70 years, patents should be for this length of time also, allowing an inventor to profit for his lifetime.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  25. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Well said! :)

http://www.tni.org/paper/converging-crises-reality-fear-and-hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.