NOD is good with viruses, not with selling NOD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by razorboy, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

I tried purchasing NOD from the NOD store. I entered my credit card info, but kept getting an error message saying that there was something wrong with the info. I made sure the shipping and billing info were identical, & matched my credit card billing address. Then I started getting "credit card declined" messages. Today I find out that NOD has charged me TWICE for the $40 amount, putting my credit over the necessary limit for other things I need to buy. So, the NOD store told me that my card was no good, then it charged me TWICE for the product I didn't receive, and now I have to wait 6 days for the double-charge-for-no-product to be taken off my cc account - that's if NOD doesn't complete the transaction and tell the cc company that I received the product. SUMMARY: Double charged, no product, credit card limit buggered up, six day wait.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

If you're that close to your limit, you're wise not to use the credit card until you've made a payment. I once made a similar mistake with an online payment and it could not be reversed because it was a funds transfer. Be patient when clicking your mouse buttons.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Are you sure it was an actual double-charge, not a funds reservation?

I know that most online card processors work like this...

1. check card is valid
    2. reserve the funds
    3. perform validations checking (address verification, etc as setup by the merchant)

If the validations fail, the funds have already been reserved. When you try again, there will be ANOTHER reserve of funds. Only one charge should settle to the merchant when the purchases "batch out"... and the extra transaction would normally drop off in 72 hours or so.

This is just how online purchasing from almost all merchants works.

4. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

It is not that close to the limit yet, but will be with the other purchases [web hosting for a whack of sites] which I need to pay for.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.