IE "Internet Options" - access disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hsr1, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsr1

hsr1 Registered Member

After running SpywareBlaster on XP-pro, IE 6.0, sp1, I'm unable to access Internet Explorer, Tools, "Internet Options" e.g. can't get into "Internet Options".
    Error message states, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." Can't even therefore change the default home page in IE.
    Probably an easy fix, but beyond me at this time.
    Please advise how to reverse this restriction. Looks like a type of NT4.0 policy restriction or some type of custom control.
    I've looked in administrator tools and registry and have been unable to locate the magic switch. Thanks a bunch!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, that restriction is not set by SpywareBlaster. SpywareBlaster can lock the Home page section of the General tab in Internet Options for IE, but it can't prevent access to that menu entirely.

In almost all cases where someone has posted this problem here, we've found that they also ran Spybot S&D and used it's Immunize function. There is a setting in Spybot to locked the Internet Options. See the Spybot image in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17397

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.