PLEASE HELP TJ/Revop.C Found

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by soulburn, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulburn

soulburn Registered Member

hi everyone there i got a TJ Revop.C,i can't include a log file right now because i am at uni. so i will tell you what problems i am experiencing:

Last night i was saddenly trying to open a folder which i have textures in and it wouldn't open it or delete it, also the internet explorer crashes every time i open it

My computer was acting weird so i run Antivir,Ad-Aware and SpyBot... Antivir found about 7 Revop.C viruses and deleted them,spybot and Ad-aware found some registry keys and other things which i think have to do something with the revop.c.

This morning after i did a 5 hour scan and deleted 7 revop.c the folder was back to nornal(working) but internet explorer still crashes all the time. Can revop.c make bad segments to the hard disk?i tryed to make a scandisk this morning and it found about 5 bad segments and then the scandisk crashed :(

what can i do?i don't know what to do?it looks like the virus is no more at my PC but i still experience problems?

I will run those programs again later so as to see if there is more of the revop.c. If it doesn't find anything will a defragment and scan disk fix everything o_O

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi soulburn,

Welcome to Wilders!

It is doubtful that a defrag and scandisk will fix your problems.

Most of the time there are other items that get left behind or are not detected by Ad-Aware or SpyBot. From your symptoms, You probably still have items that need to be fixed. The only way we can analyze your problem and give you instructions as to how to fix it, is for you to post a HijackThis log.

Post your HJT log here and one of our Experts would be more than glad to help you.

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.