ESET AV GUI froze/locked.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Banger696, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Ran a scan overnight last night (scheduled) and this morning the GUI was frozen/locked/some parts blank. Tried running the update but it just didn't respond and there were some strange figures/dates in the last update field.

Reboot sorted it but it would be nice if this didn't happen.

Running Latest version of AV Win XP Pro SP3 all up to date.

Just a heads up, there's still a bug lurking in the latest GUI. :rolleyes:

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Where you running any other tasks in tandem with the scheduled scan ? Best bet, you were and this was a one-off, Banger696

Try tweaking the time schedule for your scan so that it may not conflict with anything else that may run while the scanning process is being completed.

Manually start the scan in order to physically bump the time schedule, this would be another way in lieu of adjusting your scheduler | planner.

3. Banger696

Nothing scheduled to run at same time as scan. Disk defragment is scheduled to run half an hour later and looking at logs the expected time frame was completed successfully.

Can't be sure the scan locked it up or an attempted update. That's as specific as I can be, other machines had no problems.

4. siljaline

I see by your post using the urgency triangle you are not pleased with the UI having locked as you reported, leave your thread as it is, report back to it, if the event happens again. I would advise a support ticket, that would be your option. I have no further recommendations at this time.

5. Banger696

6. siljaline

7. Banger696

I filled that form in but never got a reply or ticket number. Other symptoms were that http and ftp also stopped working so it's like ekrn had crashed but didn't restart itself and just locked. Also tried to change some of the advanced setting and it said I didn't have enough privledges. I'm using XP in Admin mode. I'm really thinking of switching my machines to some other AV solution.

8. siljaline

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When you encounter the problem mentioned in your initial post, generate a complete memory dump per the instructions here and supply it to ESET for perusal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.