FYI - windows updates installed ok today

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mister Natural, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

All windows updates released today appear to have installed without issue on my Win7 x32 system. I can't try it on x64 until I get home in a few hours.

2. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

Not for me.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit and NOD32 4.2.58
    I'm on the latest definition updates, although at the time of installing KB2286192 I cannot be sure if NOD was up to 5338.

Update KB2286192 had this same problem, now it has occurred on updates released today (10th August).

Updates installed, Windows shut down then when the "Configuring Updates 1 of 3" message appeared I got a blue screen STOP ERROR.

The machine then restarted, and when I normally get the Vista "orb" I got a load of registry related messages at the top of the screen. The machine then shut down and restarted again.

This time it booted to the "Configuring Updates" screen, and appeared to complete installation. I could then log on okay.

However, according to Windows Update, the Office updates have installed successfully, but the Vista updates are "Pending". Having said that, Programs and Features reports that the Vista updates are installed, so I suspect it is a glitch in Windows Update due to the crash.

I'm definitely going to try the work-around of disabling NOD when I next update.

3. fsr

fsr Registered Member

4. e36

e36 Registered Member

Not good for me either...4.2.58 blue-screened 2 of my Vista Home Premium 32-bit PCs. Norton systems update just fine.

Turning off real time file scanning on another Vista HHome Pre 32 PC solved the problem.

ESET, fix this mess please!

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I have Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit) with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.58.3. I got the BSOD when I was restarting the computer for "Security Update for Windows Vista KB2286198" a few days ago. The stop error for this update was supposed to be fixed with virus signature database update 5338, and I was on an update higher than 5338 and I still got the stop error. I also got a load of registry related messages at the top of the screen instead of the orb.

I haven't installed today's updates yet, maybe I'll wait or disable ESET.

EDIT: I installed them and got the BSOD when shuting down so it's still an issue for me. I am now going to
    Regards,

Mark

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. bproven

bproven Registered Member

If I was you (or anyone else) I'd definitely disable NOD32 every time I updated my computer. I don't trust it anymore during updates. I got bit by the update bug last week. :(

BTW I did disable NOD32 before running today's (numerous) updates and it worked fine on my Win7 64bit box. Disable and be safe my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.