Isass.exe "invalid parameter was passed"

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by computer123, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer123

computer123 Registered Member

This happened after i attempted to solve my first problem which was "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt". To solve it, i followed what Microsoft instructed in this link http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;307545.

I completed every step and i could not reach the last part of system restore because of this new error now. This error happened after i completed second last step.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. computer123

Yes i have windows xp CD. So i should i press enter? I already lost all of my valuable date in my attempt to fix my frist problem.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Just in case, check the link I posted before proceeding, starting with warnings

5. computer123

I did follow the steps mentioned in http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm. Its saying Installing Windows and it says try the easiest windows yet. And it also shows the same error. If clicked Ok on the screen, my computer restarts and again same screen and everything pops up. Says setup will start in aprox 39 minutes. I don't know if it setup will work becuase it shows the error to. Ok i'm beggning to think that it will always say 39 minutes and wont go further. my computer is really messed up now. what can i do?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you run chkdsk to test the drive?

7. computer123

Ok i found a solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216035/EN-US/. I need some service pack but how the hell am i suppose to install when my computer is not even starting??

did you run chkdsk to test the drive? I can't go to safemode becuase setup wont run.

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

9. computer123

I typed my password from before and it didnt work. then i just left blank and pressed enter, its still denying it. how is that possible? i didn't even change my pass or anything. I can't really enter recovery console do you have any other solutions?

10. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Have you tried using a live cd to boot into an alternate OS? You might still be able to access your HD and save your important files to USB flash....etc.
    Get access to another system and download this ISO and burn it to a CD. Use this CD in your machine it'll run in memory. Very user friendly and it may help you get access to your data. worth a shot

hxxp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/puppy-5.0.1/

11. computer123

Ok i will report back if it worked or not

12. computer123

I think its working. I restarted just to make sure everything is ok now its asking for a new media, i guess that means new CD? and about the layout is seriously not my thing

wtf now its all black screen..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  13. computer123

A frugal install just copies the three files from the CD to your hard drive as they are. Each method has its own advantages, which we won't discuss now. For beginners, a frugal install is easiest - simply because it duplicates the way that the Live CD works. (A more detailed comparison of full versus frugal is provided at the end of the article.)

In a frugal install, Puppy creates another file named pup_save.2fs. When you boot up, the filesystem stored in the core Puppy files is loaded into memory, but remains read-only. The pupsave file is used to hold all the new content you add. These two are merged together so it appears that you are working with a single filesystem. You get the effect of a full install while Puppy is running, but all you actually see on your hard drive are the core files and the pupsave.

How can i do this? I DONT WANT TO LOSE ANY FILES AFTER I RESTART MY COMPUTER. PLEASE HELP ME HERE.

I just want the computer to start and load puppy, i dont want go though installation again and again and lose everything.

14. computer123

It seems that i may have fixed the problem. On my way shut down, i clicked saved file so it saved all my previous work i did before shutting off.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  15. computer123

Can someone tell me something else such as do popular programs work with puppy such as ccleaner, soulseek?

I don't have an aiti virus, do i need a anti virus for puppy?

How do i download from internet?i can't save files, photos, links. i really want to just click and save them or drag them like i could do in windows. i drag the link into the floppy icon and chose a destination folder but xwge is not really doing anything.

And if i shut down without saving and turn on without cd, will it start windows or go on linux?

16. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

I suggested using puppy live CD as a means (Tool) to try and access your important data and having it saved to USB or other. Didn't think you was gonna be using it as an alternate OS in place of. although you can I don't use puppy for that reason so I know as much about what can run with it as you do. :doubt:
    You will need to mount your C: then you got to browse to your folders located in documents and settings look for your user name folder and data should be in there, My Documents, My Pictures etc.. If you plug a USB flash or external HD puppy should be able to read it you may have to mount that as well. I don't think its drag and drop to copy stuff you may need to right click the folder(s) you want to copy and select save to in the smaller pane window to the USB device or maybe you can just use your burner. You gonna have to play around to figure it out, all I know is it can do almost everything XP can office wise.
    When you shut down and save all thats gonna do is speed up the start of puppy when you re insert the cd and run it.
    As long as you didn't do a actual Full install you should still have XP on your Hard drive. However your issue with XP will still be there you still need to work that out.
    I suggested puppy as a way for you to get access to your important data and have it saved to some other media so you could have access to it using another working computer. That way you won't have to worry so much about screwing up your original computer that has your important data.

17. computer123

Okay, thank you very much for your awsner.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.