private firewall and router questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wutsup, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey all, i recently installed private firewall on my 64 vista computer, and while it works fine, i keep getting weird incoming/outgoing pop ups from my router. anyone know why this is happening?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

list/show some of them?

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

the privatefirewall log shows that the ip is the ip of my router with (upnp) and its an incoming packet. i have upnp turned off in my router.

EDITL i uninstalled privatefirewall. for now im just using windows vista firewall

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

gonna try out private firewall again.....lol i really wish there was an OA free 64bit

5. AviraHelp

AviraHelp Registered Member

I know what you are going through, i recently started to look for new firewalls for windows 7 x64 cause comodo was starting to feel bloated.

I liked online armor on my windows xp machines but it doesn't support x64 yet.

Im using private firewall now and like it a lot so far.

6. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i tired out outpost firewall free again but it freezes my computer..... for now i think ill just stick with windows firewall lol

7. AviraHelp

hehe I was going to try outpost firewall next, guess i'll just stick with privatefirewall for now.

I might try it out when version 7 comes out officially.

where are you online armor x64 where are you?!?!?

8. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

im trying out private firewall again on my vista 64 bit gaming pc.

hey avirahelp i have a question, when i first installed private firewall i would get pop ups for like firefox and ccleaner to whether allow or block them from connecting to the internet.

now that i reinstalled private firewall, i dont get those pop ups anymore for firefox? why is that?

9. AviraHelp

It might have used some leftover saved settings from your previous install.
    I don't know if they offer any uninstall tool or if they don't completely get rid of everything when you uninstall the firewall.

Its hard getting more complete info other than the stuff contained in there help pdf, they dont seem to have a support forum as far as i can tell, just email help.

10. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

no i dont think so cause after i uninstalled it i looked through the registry and deleted anything related to private firewall. and it was the default settings when i reinstalled it.

i just remember that when i first used private firewall i got a pop up whether to allow or block firefox. could it be because its a trusted publisher?

also, how would i know if private firewall installed correctly and is working fine?

11. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i uninstalled it and just went back to windows vista firewall. i know my computer is clean so i dont really need any outbound protection.

if online armor free 64 bit comes out, im definately gonna be using that :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.