Drive Backup 10 Pro "It modified BCD Boot " not good

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by routerguy99, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

I have Drive 0;
    Partition 1 Primary Boot Manager
    Partition 2 Primary Windows 7 (Games)
    Partition 3 Primary Windows 7 (Applications)

When booting into either Games or Applications The boot manager Hides the other 2 Partitions; Example If I boot into Games then Boot Manager and Applications Partition's are hidden.

The problem is If I Restore , Partition 3 (Win 7) then Paragon Backup Pro 10 Modifies Partition 2 (games) BCD.. adds anther boot option.. I thought the Pro version would not add or modify any other partitions..

Thanks
    Chris

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

When you restore an o/s partition. Paragon adds a bcd entry for you to the system bcd store

If it didn't do that - after restoring a partition , you would have no boot menu entry for the restored partition and no way of booting into it ( unless you add it in manually - many don't know how to do that.)

It is a special design feature and a very useful one.

3. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

So true but the pro version should have this turned off, Thats what PRO version stands for.. so you can modify the BCD your self, Other product don't modify the BCD , Example; True Image 2010 , Active Disk Image 4.02.

Ghost 15 and Paragon 10 Pro Does indeed modify the BCD store..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.