Paragon System Bacup 2010 trial version will not unlock to full, any help please

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by liviococcia, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liviococcia

liviococcia Registered Member

Hello Members
    My girlfriend has been running a trial version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 10suite on her computer, she decided she wanted to buy the licence yesturday, i did this for her, and put in the relivant Product key and serial, and it accepted and unlocked it, but when i click onto the button that opens Paragon System Backup 2010, this component is still on a 30 day trial and hasn't unlocked, trying the licence she had purchased again would not unlock it.

I proceeded to yet again purchase this part of the product for her, and clicked onto the link provided in Paragon System Backup 2010 window, this just opened a basket to another copy of 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite', i then assumed this was incorrect, and continued to search on the Paragon website for 'System Backup 2010', i found it, and we again bought another licence, again entered the 'Product' key and 'Serial', and yet still it would not accept the keys to unlock the software to it's full version.

All entries of the product and serial keys have been done by 'copy & past', has anyone any idea whats going on, i don't want to uninstall the packages as i've already done a 'snapshot' full backup, and this had taken a long time to do, so that the software only now needs to do quick incremental monthly 'snapshots'.

Can anyone help with this problem, and knows the answer to it, help would be grateful.

kind regards
    Livio

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try typing the keys yourself (not using copy and paste)

3. liviococcia

Hello Cudni and thanks.., no, i'd tried that also just incase there was a problem between copying and the pasting of the keys, no luck though.

It has to be the 'Product/Serial' keys generated by Paragon are not correct in some way.

Hopefully Paragon has the answer, either way the products have been paid for so i hope it should get sorted, does anyone have a uk based telephone contact number for them.

regards

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. liviococcia

cheers Cudni, i'll sort this week.
    regards

6. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

It sounds as though you have the trial version of the software installed on your machine, which does not unlock, it is another software package. What I recommend, is to uninstall all of the Paragon products on the machine, download a new copy from our website by signing in to your account, and re-install the package using the keys provided.

Account sign in:
    https://www.paragon-software.com/account/login.htm?from=my-account

7. liviococcia

Hello Matt, yes 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite' and within that program 'Paragon System Backup 2010' were both part of the '30 day trial' version package download and when i following the 'unlocking' link in the program, and purchasing the license, entering it into the program, this was accepted and no longer a 30 day trial.

At this point, i assumed that 'Paragon System Backup 2010' was part of the complete suit that is 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite', because accessing 'system backup 2010' is done by clicking on a backup option within the program.

After noticing that this part ('Paragon System Backup 2010') was still showing it was on a '30 day trial', i firstly tried the license purchased just before, i thought at the time it just needed entering in both programs, the license wasn't accepted, so thinking i had to pay for this particular program part of 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10' suite,

I again following the 'unlocking' link in the 'Paragon System Backup 2010' program, only this time the link lead me to a website 'basket' with another copy of 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite' in it, i new i had just purchased this, and that license had been entered and accepted, so i searched the Paragon website for the 'Paragon System Backup 2010' product, i found it and proceeded to purchase a copy, following on, i then tried the 'product' and 'Serial' keys generated for the purchase but without success.

As i mentioned in my original post, i'm loathed to now have to uninstall everything as creating first full backup image of the system took a massively long time, i really would just like a license that will be accepted by program, if not, how can i keep my existing incremental backup images linked to the existing scheduled setup that i have with regards to uninstalling, and then reinstalling the programs again.?

Kind regards

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi

I haven't needed to do this myself, but I think this will work:

Copy and paste the archdb folder (usually at C:\archdb) somewhere safe. Do the same with the "scripts" folders - they are inside Paragon br10 Suite "program" and "program2" folders.

Uninstall the trial version.

Install the full version you d/l ed.

Copy back to the archdb and "scripts" folders.

Did you buy 2 licenses?

If so, the upside is you can use it on two machines.

9. liviococcia

Thanks SIW2 for the instructions, i've had a reply to the support request i made to Paragon, it mentions the usual things regarding the 'taking care' when entering the licence keys, which i've now tried a number of times.

They have asked for a screenshot of the Paragon System Backup 2010 licence key entry box,with the licence key that was issued to me entered in it.

I'll get back to the thread whatever happens, once i've done what Paragon are requesting from me, see what can be done before performing your instructions.

regards

10. liviococcia

Hello members, well i followed the instructions again, i used the license keys for 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite' to unlock the 'Paragon System Backup 2010' program feature.

Now... what i don't understand is the number of times I'd tried this license in this part of the program, both 'copying & pasting' and typing it out, i just did not work.

So last night i 'remote' onto the computer via LogMeIn, 'copy and paste' both sets of product keys 'Backup & Recovery' and 'System Backup' to notepad, and start manually typing in the codes, first i try the license key for 'System Backup' thinking that as this is the part of the program that's sill showing '30 days trial', it's more likely to be relevant to it, after all it is the same program?

Anyway, not a chance, it wouldn't unlock the program, so now it was the turn of the 'Backup & Recovery' license keys, this time I'd first try the 'Copy & Paste' procedure out of Notepad to the program license window, clicked 'Unlock', and there it went, reporting it was 'UNLOCKING' the program....thanks!

What i don't understand is, that i performed the action above many times the evening i made the purchase with no success, the only difference at that time is that i took the 'Copy' part of the 'Copy & Paste' procedure from the payment company's confirmation email , and not Paragons license and login information email, and pasted it directly into the programs license fields and not into Notepad first.

Also, how was it possible initially for 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite' to have accepted the license key when first entered, when i had originally did via the 'Copy & Paste' procedure using the payment email.

I'm also wondering whether the whole computer needed to be rebooted once the license key had first been entered into the main 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 suite' program before it could be entered again into the 'Paragon System Backup 2010' program.

Anyway....it's in and is fully unlocked, thanks for all your time and help members..i feel like a idiot now, those little 'gremlins' have stuck once again and are having a good old laugh.
    kind regards
    Livio

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

Glad you got it working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.