New Version

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TerryWood, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Paragon Tommy

Ther have been a fair number of reported issues with this initial version of Backup & Recovery 10, more than I think is warranted, with more or less a follow on from Drive Backup 9.

So when are we going to get a version that removes most of these early foul ups?

Terry

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello TerryWood,

I can assure you that we are working hard to fix as many bugs as we can. Expect new builds periodically in your account as we update. At the same time, we appreciate all of our users input and findings to help improve the products.

3. TerryWood

Hi Paragon Tommy

Thanks for your reply. I have been to the Paragon Web site to check later versions since release. Unfortunately I am unable to tell whether the version on the website is the latest or still the original release version.

I got rid of my original version. The current version is 10.0.10.10505. Is this one the original release version or a later one with some of the issues highlighted in the forum now resolved?

Thanks

Terry

4. Paragon_Tommy

Hi TerryWood,

I believe 10.0.10.10505 was released on November 20, 2009.

5. nice_guy

nice_guy Registered Member

Is there a change log? I see that mounting is now working under W7 x64 in my case.

6. Paragon_Tommy

I'll look into that, get back to you soon hopefully.

7. TerryWood

Hi All

At what point does Paragon start distilling all these issues in the various threads into a new release. It is now many weeks ago since a number of serious deficiencies were raised in the community. Yet no release to correct them.

Paragon is beginning to not look just accident prone but positively sloppy.

I am not clear whether Paragon is in alpha, beta, pre release, RC or just meandering. Just look at the size of the threads and issues. And yet people still complain about Acronis!!!

Terry

ps yes I know I am being negative

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Is the only reason you are on this forum is to gripe at Paragon every chance you get ? All your recent post seem to support this.

9. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Is there a list of the latest released build numbers for each Paragon product, both free and non-free versions?

It would also be useful if the download files included the build number in the file name.

10. Paragon_Tommy

Howard, when you download the full versions, the build number is in the file name. Only the demo downloads does not.

Nice_guy,

Release Notes for Paragon Drive Backup 10:

Version: 10.0.10.10505 build 9105 (18.11.09)

What's new for this release:
    * Bugfixing

Known Issues:
    * [SUPPORT]: System don't start after Restore system gpt dh
    * Dell partition+system ntfs. Convert dynamic to basic makes system partition inactive
    * Scheduled File Backup doesn't work without unique archive's name
    * [SUPPORT] internal error during VSS initialize
    * Scripts. VSS backup. VSS is disabled -> quick reboot or scripts.exe crashes
    * Old HAL selection algorithm takes place under WinXP/2k3
    * Silent install to vista and higher is interrupted by UIM
    * Linux-on board. Can not reboot to Linux from system with big cluster size
    * "Always use hotprocessing" and "disable hot processing" options do not work for hotcopy
    * RMB. Choose creating recovery FLASH media. "CD/DVD creation options" is displayed on the next page
    * [SUPPORT] HDM: File Transfer Wizard not burn CD\DVD with many data
    * B&R Suite: Install to the folder with russian name
    * Cancel operation (copy, backup) on Rebuilding partition info. Next operation does not start
    * Disappere letter before restart after HDM install
    * DBH: ArchDB is not removed at deinstall
    * DB10: Convert to basic MBR hard disk work after 30 days
    * After P2V operations if P2V wizard is launched from main UI (not Express Launcher), virtual disk image will sty connected and available in the Disk map. In order to disconnect it - close/restart the program.
    * [BR 10 Suite] You cannot work with Paragon Drive Backup Professional or any other wizard of the product while the console of System Backup is open and vice versa. When System Backup operates in the background however, except the case when it’s in the process of making a backup, you’re free to do that.
    * On-disk recovery environment doesn’t work on Win/Mac dual boot configurations (MacOS X with Boot Camp);
    * Restoring in on-disk Recovery Environment or from Recovery CD from external drive, window entitled “Open the next volume of archive” could appear. In this window, user is expected to locate file that program can’t locate itself by some reasons. The needed file is always placed one folder up
    * It is impossible to convert basic volumes to dynamic after installation of System Backup 2010
    * It is impossible to safely remove USB storage device when System Backup Console is open
    * When backup has been cancelled, target folder is not removed (though, it is empty).
    * DBH: [SUPPORT] Suse 11(11.1?) is unable to boot on processor without PAE

Bugfixing
    * Bluescreen x64 with 4GB RAM
    * Enable "Run Now" option for scheduled tasks and scripts
    * Enable caring out of scheduled tasks and scripts while main UI is running
    * Resolve compatibility issues with W7 on HP Mini netback
    * Disable installation of BR 10 SUite if SB already installed.
    * DB10: Restore file from Archive of Partition -> Error 0x200020
    * Restore Wizard: two warning windows appear after cancel the operation
    * P2VCopy: Error by P2VCopy System Partition in BS
    * Backup of entire HDD with W7 System Reserved or OEM service partition via VSS (default hot processing options changed)
    * Backup operation for two volumes is failed in presence of Exchange Server 2007
    * Restore Wizard gets letters and labels for the partitions from the system
    * DelReg is created with syntax error for NVidia Sata RAID driver
    * FTP connection prohibited by firewall (notification message added)
    * Wrong version of NTFS after formating in Linux (Win 7)
    * B&R Suite: Error "Invalid partition ID" appears during creating storage
    * Vista. Error in event viewer after VSS backup
    * Undelete does not work with GPT disks ("Thorough search" method should be used)
    * assign drive letter is possible for hidden partition
    * [SUPPORT]: Send graphical in e-mail notification after scheduling operation
    * Hot Processing Options is displayed incorrectly in Settings
    * Copy Partition Wizard: correct messages
    * DB10. Remove mount/unmount from ArchDB for x64
    * Windows is unbootable from IDE disk (any virtualizator) when transferred from no IDE PC
    * Incorrect restart offer message after installation
    * BR10_Suite: No backup to FTP in some case
    * Incorrect displaying of spanned\striped volume
    * File Level Restore: Unexpected error restoring files to write-protected volume
    * FTW option checkbox "overwrite existing files" is put incorrectly
    * DB 10 can not send e-mail notification after partition copy
    * [SUPPORT] BR Suite: Hint in restore wizard is incorrect
    * UIM. No description for error 0xc0000001 (archive is corrupted)
    * BR_Suite:Dialog Change Serial number is absent
    * Scripts. Selective restore from sector archive. Error "Backup file corrupted"
    * DB10. Bring disk to online is unavailable

Reason of release:
    - Release update with bugfixing

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  11. TerryWood

Hi Fajo

Perhaps the way to look at is this:-

If there was nothing to gripe about then there would be no need to be on the forum. You may be prepared to put up with sloppy implementation, I am one of those who isn't.

However just to set your mind at rest there are plenty of my posts on other forums that are highly complimentary of and involved with the products represented there.

I note that even in this forum I am not the only dissenter, but perhaps I am the only one you find disfavour with?

Terry

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

No. My problem is you go around a "Support forum" Offering nothing but negativity to the point you help no one. Find something better to do with your time ? Anytime anyone says anything about Paragon you are there to shoot it down. Sorry you had a bad experience but ether get over it or move on sick of the crying.

13. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

ALL files need to have the versiom e.g. BR 10 Free, so we know when there are updates to download.

Do not care about the demos, as they serve no purpose unless they match te latest released version, so there are no updates to download.

14. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

Hi Fajo,
    I have $69.95 USD skin in the game and am not happy with Paragon Backup and Security Suite 10 running on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Let me tell you why:

1: The web site says you get 30 day complimentary EMail support.

You dont the only support is here.

2: File Transfer does not work with a Network Attached Storage in Windows 7.

3: The web site says it specifically works with Windows 7 but it has not been tested with NAS in Windows 7 because you encounter the problem immediately when you try. PT does his best but he keeps checking things in XP. Hello , XP is now obsolete, all new systems are shipping with W7.

If you dont have any issues leave the valuable space to people who need some fixes.

15. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I run with Windows 7 64bit Had no issues at all running the program. I agree with you Post if you have issues post so you can get it fixed. That's the whole point of this forum, posting here crying over and over that something does not work regardless of how many people have tried to help you is not. If you have a issue post it, don't go around to every post that has a issue adding your 2cents in complaining. It helps nothing.

That's all I'm saying. :cool:

16. Paragon_Tommy

Hello Ceeldee,

I apologize if the product is not working the way it should. To answer the few issues you have with BR 10 Suite, we're currently looking into the issue with our developers regarding mapped NAS and File Transfer Wizard in Windows 7. Nonetheless, per our conversations in the other threads, you have options as a workaround till this is fixed. The program is still viable, and we're confident that the solution is coming.

We do our best here to test the product across all platforms. As of recent, I confirmed your findings with a Windows 7 64bit Ultimate box and forwarded it to our lead support group in Moscow.

In regards to support, the email response time is typically 3 business days, and depending on the volumes we're receiving. The forum here is a great alternative and you can always contact us directly to speak with a live technician, something most software companies cannot provide.

Toll Free: 1 888 347 5462

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.