Paragon HDM 9.5SE boot fail

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by saltire33, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltire33

saltire33 Registered Member

I have been a happy user of Paragon HDM 8.5SE for some time. I have now moved to a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed Paragon HDM 9.5SE and opted to defrag the hard drive which was quite badly fragmented after installing all the software and files I use.
    Defrag would not run with Windows 7 open and asked for a restart to run from boot up. I foolishly chose yes, and no longer have any access to my laptop. Instead, I get a screen saying "Boot from A:" near the top, and "Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.".
    As the laptop does not have a floppy drive, how do I get beyond this?
    I have tried booting with a Sony recovery CD in place which offers a variety of options, all of which will result in the loss of data. I do not wish to have to start again from scratch and am sure there must be some way of getting into Windows. Any and all help welcome.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello saltire33,

If you have access to another computer, install HDM, and go to Tools > Recovery Media Builder and burn a CD.

Boot your laptop to the CD, launch the full program, locate "Basic Hard Disk 0", right-click and update MBR.

It should boot the system back up. I would be careful with HDM 9.5SE as it's not completely compatible with Windows 7.

3. saltire33

saltire33 Registered Member

Many thanks for the information. Had to go searching hte menus for the MBR update as right clicking did not produce this, however, once found the operatin was successful and the laptop is back to full health. Will now uninstall HDM and wait for the Windows 7 version.
    Many thanks.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.