Vipre Premium 4.0 coming soon

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vijayind, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

As per sunbelt news, VIPRE 4.0 is poised for beta release soon. Now Vipre will support x64 including Win7 and XP x64.
    Other info below:
    Source:
    http://www.sunbeltsecuritynews.com/?id=35

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

How about spending time on preparing Vipre for testing on some reputable sites!

Extra features in version 4 look fine but again no sign of testing its protection abilities.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Pretty cheesy to make some ad look like an actual interview.

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Exactly what I was thinking!

5. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I agree. But hey, don't shoot the messenger ... :)

6. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

I have contacted Sunbelt about this and apparently it is a long process that they have initiated, but you can't just call up AV Comparatives and get it done overnight.

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Kind of funny it seems that easy for company's that don't want to be tested to just opt out overnight.

Don't mean to come off rude but every time we here the word soon or next test that test comes and goes, All we are left with is we weren't quite ready yet. Just seems amusing.

8. TheIgster

I suppose, but that's the word I got straight up from them and they have been very good in their contact with me.

Like I said, I have tested it myself (I run a personal security company) and it has performed very well in my tests. No AV is perfect, but it has performed as well as others and much better than some others. I'm not going to state which ones because that always causes issues on this forum.

9. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Agree wholeheartedly.
    Also, I don't think the 'interview' should have been posted. Just the link.
    It gave me the feeling that Wilders agrees with this approach.
    Just my thoughts. Not an accusation.
    Hugger

10. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

hoping the tray icon has changed...

11. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

For as much as people complain about that icon, You would think they would take 10 min and MSpaint another one. :blink:

12. Fly

Fly Registered Member

VIPRE was released a long time ago, and supposedly superior to the established AVs. I don't know the 'launch date'.

IMO, they have had enough time to get it tested by av-comparatives !
    Maybe they should have focused their efforts on Counterspy, which was a good product till version 2.5, instead of creating a substandard AV.

The MSE product is free, and tested. So why should anyone bother with VIPRE ?

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

As with any AV there is free and there is paid. People still use both regardless.

14. firzen771

completely agree, probly took them a whole of 5 minutes to make the current one anyways...

and btw can anyone post screenshots of the Vipre 4.0? (including if the tray icon is different) :)

15. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I would but Unfortunately Vipre is not a AV I have on any of my computers or test box's. Sorry :oops:

16. firzen771

np, but if anyone else is running it or has any screens of it, plz post. :)

17. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Good news from Sunbelt, I've currently used Vipre for the better part of 2009 and it's kept my system free from viruses and malware. And i've also supplemented it's protection with Prevx and Malwarebytes as an on demand scanner. I've just recently migrated from Vista Premium too Windows 7 and SPF 4 firewall isn't compatible with Windows 7 so I'm eagerly awaiting the introduction of the firewall and Vipre into Vipre 4 Premium Suite. And as i've stated in previous posts Sunbelt's Sales and Customer Support are in my books the Standard to which all others must aspire to. The only issue I would like to see addressed is Sunbelt and Vipre being assessed by AV Comparatives. Then it would take care of all the pundits and critics who view the products as a B or C Class Provider. Let's keep things in perspective, Sunbelt with Vipre has only been in existence for a little more than a year, so the journey has just begun. Sincerely...Securon

18. TheIgster

Could you not say the same thing about ANY paid anti virus?

Open Office is free, why would anyone BUY MS Office?

They still do don't they?

It's called preference. I've tried MSE. I prefer Vipre. I prefer to pay for Vipre because I prefer Vipre over any free alternative. In fact, as I stated ealirer, I even bought and paid for Vipre after buying and paying for ESET. It's just a choice I made and all my clients who use Vipre appreciate my choice as well.

19. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

What about AV-test? IMO Sunbelt has had ample time to have Vipre tested by one of the two leading independent testing organizations. If it's so good why keep it under the radar?

20. firzen771

agreed, hopefully with v4 they will include themselves in at least AV-C, if not then im not even going to consider Vipre anymore...

21. TheIgster

As I stated earlier, they have started the process and hope to be in the next round of tests. That's all I know.

Regardless, they have tested well at everything I have thrown at it.

Wow, feels like pick on Vipre night around here.

It performs well. I have tested extensively and had no issues. Not sure what else I can say in its defense. I have no problems using it on my machine or any of my clients machines and they have had NO issues.

22. antivirus22

antivirus22 Registered Member

There has been a lot of interesting discussion about Vipre on the web.

But until there is a result from from for example A-V comparatives, its actual detection rate compared to other anti virus products like Avira, Norton etc, in my opinion, it is a "dark horse"

If it has reliable and constant detection rates as good as Avira and Norton etc it will be a viable alternative.

23. Fly

Fly Registered Member

My point was not 'free or paid'. There are indeed many paid and free AVs.

My thinking was: if you're willing to pay for an AV, why would you choose an AV that has not been tested by av-comparatives or something similar ? If you almost never get infected, how would you know how good it is at detection and cleaning ? And if you get infected frequently, the user/admin is to blame, not the AV. :cautious:

I would accept an AV that has a 98.5 % detection rate, but not 90 %.

24. TheIgster

Because you know what you are doing, test all of the anti virus solutions out there and decide on which one you wish to purchase and use?

25. Fly

Fly Registered Member

(let's assume here this is about the home product, not the enterprise version)

How do you know what you are doing ? :)

Have you conducted extensive and methodologically sound testing ?
    Maybe you forgot an attack vector or threat gate, or didn't test some malware samples ?

I wouldn't dare to rely on an AV that hasn't been tested by an organisation like av-comparatives.

Of course, you are free to do so.

As far as system drag (CPU, RAM) is concerned: I tested it, and it was slower than both my stripped down version of McAfee and the product I currently use, the Avira security suite. Of course, that was on MY MACHINE, other people may have different experiences.

I think I've said what I wanted to say in this thread, and I'll leave it at that.
    I don't want to be argumentative. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.