2.05b3 Update.

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Frederic, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi All,

Here is the 2.05b3 update, mainly to solve the Protocol issue introduced with the 2.05b2.
    This version contains also some fixes regarding the language plugin support, and one fix about the Data field when displaying the content of TCP/UDP packets.

The download links are the following:
    - English: LooknStop_Setup_205b3.exe
    - French: Installation_LooknStop_205b3.exe

Since there is no driver modification, no reboot is required when updating from 2.05b2.
    If you are using a 2.04 or a 2.05b1 version, no need to install first the 2.05b1 or 2.05b2, you can go directly to 2.05b3 without uninstalling your current version.

Please take a look to the 2.05b2 post if you need more information about the 2.05 beta version.

Regards,

Frederic

04-12-2004: Links updated.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Should I install that one anyway - you have sent me the fix for the protocol problem

Ruben

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Ruben,

Yes you should, it contains some other minor fixes and the help file has been updated as well.

Frederic

4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

In the 2.05b2 page one of the additional features said... "Application order in the Application Filtering page is now saved when restarting Look 'n' Stop"

But when I installed 2.05b3... Application order is not saved after restarting. I also think it might be nice to be able to move applications in my own order. Like how we can move rules up and down in the internet filtering page.

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Do you mean the order wasn't keep just after the upgrade and it is now ok if you quit/restart Look 'n' Stop 2.05b3 ?
    Or do you mean it is not working at all with the 2.05b3 ?

In the first case, did you upgrade from the 2.05b1 or the 2.05b2 ?

Thanks,

Frederic

6. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

The sort by name works.

But in previous versions I was able to sort the apps in the order that they were first allowed access to the internet, and LnS would save this order even after a restart. I am not able to sort the apps in this order with 2.05b3. After a restart LnS would sort the apps in its own order, unless I tell it to sort by name (even if I password lock all settings). It was not an upgrade. It was a clean install of 2.05b3.

Not a big deal at all, but I kinda like things in my own order i guess :)

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Actually with the 2.05b1, since the order was not kept, everytime Look 'n' Stop was restarted the applications were listed with the order "most recent addition first" which was the default.
    With the 2.05b2 and b3, since the order is kept, now when restarting Look 'n' Stop, this order is applied... and there is no possibilty to come back to the "most recent addition" order.

But, currently when clicking on the Application Icon header, a special order is applied: "Session Only on top of the list". This is not very useful, so I think I will change that to use the "most recent addition first" order when clicking on this column header (and by the way, since Session Only are recent additions, they will still be listed at the top of the list).

Frederic

8. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

That sounds really good and would be much appreciated! Thanks again for the clarification. Currently no other issues to report from my end with 2.05b3 :)

9. ablazhov

ablazhov Registered Member

Upgrading 2.04p2 with 2.05+

Is there any chance to use my 2.04 serial number with the upcoming 2.05+ for free??

10. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Re: Upgrading 2.04p2 with 2.05+

Hi,

Yes, your serial number will work with the 2.05.
    After purchasing a 2.04 version you are eligible for 2.0x updates for free.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.