Address Management in v.4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Canadian North, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian North

Canadian North Registered Member

I am trying to access a web site "http://secure.ncix.com" , Nod keeps blocking access to this page unless I disable the Web Access Protection.
    I've tried adding various entries of this address to excluded and allowed lists in the Address Management area with no luck. I went as far as to add *.* to the Excluded and allowed lists to test with the same result.
    Obviously there is something more to this than the web address itself.
    I have not contacted ESET support yet, I was hoping to resolve this online somehow. Since I know what to expect, when ordering from that web store, I just shut NOD off to make my order,sign in etc. But there should be a way to filter/allow that address to the list.
    *This didn't happen in version 3
    *Using Vista SP1, recent clean install(happened on previous system as well)
    Any Ideas?
    and can any of you access "http://secure.ncix.com" using NOD32 v4?
    :blink:

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Exclude (or add to the list of allowed addresses) the address as follows:
    *secure.ncix.com*

3. Canadian North

tried that, and again, still no good.

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Is this Canada's Premier Computer store?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

So far so good. Is this happening on the Home page only or other pages of that site ?

Bubba

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Actually, Bubba, I can't access that page either unless I disable NOD32.
    If I select an item to add to 'Shopping cart' I receive message, "Bad Request (Invalid Verb)".

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll give that a go and see how Nod acts. So far with Nod now set about as high as I can set it, nothing has been impeded :doubt:

Bubba

8. Canadian North

The site itself is fine, this issue only seems to happen when the web address is "http://secure.ncix.com"
    I'm thinking it may be something to do with a secure format without using https something NOD see's as non-allowable?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

10. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I too have this same problem. I have 4.0.424 installed on two computers. I have uninstalled ver 4 completely as a prior build had problems as well on this site. Have reverted back to the most current build of ver 3 and it has no such problems.

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have no problems accessing that site with Vista. What we'd need to get from you is:
    - a log from SysInspector
    - exported ESET registry key
    - a pcap log with the http communication captured when reproducing the issue

Is it that you are unable to open the main page at all? Does it happen all the time on any of the affected computers?

Please send the above files to support[at]eset.com and enclose a link to this thread as well. Alternatively you can PM me directly.

12. enduser999

It happened on both computers when I click on add to card to add any product to the card and the site tries to display the cart and fails. I can open the main page fine. I still have 4.0.424 on one of the two computers and will see if I can get that information.

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Ok, I was able to replicate the issue with an older version of ESS, but not with the current one that is being tested. I assume that the upcoming build will work for you, too, fine.

14. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

Does that version solve the problem with the SP2 for Vista too?

15. enduser999

Well I am using just NOD32 antivirus here.

16. alexsch8

alexsch8 Registered Member

I updated a client's machine with v4.0.424 and since then she has sporadically not been able to access www.obeo.com at all and using the shopping cart fails every time. I was able to replicate this in IE8 and FF3.0.10. After disabling NOD32 the site was accessible just fine and the shopping cart worked. When NOD32 is on, the same errors as mentioned above come up, i.e. "bad verb" and "failed request".

Other machines in the office do not have this issue but are using older NOD32 clients.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.