I can't figure out how to stop the scan at boot!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ratchet, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Please inform me how to disable that. Thank You!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why do you want to do that ?

Look here

Attached Files:

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Well, I surf safe and sandboxed, no malware intercepted before logging off, and behind both a router and software firewall.

4. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

AT boot is when most adware tries to execute its damage in an attempt to bypass regular system checks and older AV software.... wouldn't you want to know "before" its had time to dig around and mix things up?

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I guess it's individual what kind of protection that is necessary to feel safe. Some people almost break the computer because they install almost all the security programs available while other might feel that a single av program is enough. The same goes for the settings while some might feel that the startup scan is necessary and others disagree. I also think that the usage of the computer is very substantial when you consider the risk of an infection. Based on the usage of the computer and other security hardware/software/settings that might exists on the computer or outside of the computer some might feel that the startup scan is unnecessary. Just like some accept the performance hit by enabling AH on read/execute while other follow the recommendation and keep it disabled because they don't find it necessary.

I don't think there is any right or wrong here and it's individual what is the best option. ratchet clearly state that he is fully aware of what he is doing. I always kept the startup scan disabled as well and so far no known infections. I feel this is the best option for me and doesn't increase the risk of infection based on my usage and other security solutions/setting i have/use. Others might disagree, but it works for me and they have no knowledge about my setup except that i use nod32.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Ceratinly having the startup scans contributes to better protection against new threats. Since it's run with as low priority as possible, you shouldn't notice any impact on system performance.

7. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

I thought that system startup file check only scans programmes that autostart with windows, because it does this after you've logged in (not before).
    Maybe I'm wrong...
    but, I have another question. Where in the advanced setup can I find this menu:

I've looked everywhere but can't find it.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.