Operating system is not up to date

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jorgensen, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorgensen

jorgensen Registered Member

How do I disable the 'Operating system is not up to date' notification?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: Operation system is not up to date

Update your Microsoft Windows (best)

or disable the option from the Advanced setup tree

Attached Files:

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

4. waveform

waveform Registered Member

Is this operating system feature something new to v4?
    I'm just curious, If this feature is exclusive to v4, why did this orange icon appear on my dads system, but not mine which was running the same version (v3) at the time? Note: both our licenses were renewed at that time.

To clearly what happened, My dads Nod32 v3 icon would stay orange even though the definitions were update. At the time I tried everything to resolve this; uninstalling, removing the folder, and even went as far as removing the ESET entries from the registry which got left behind even after an uninstall. Finally reinstalling the software.
    Today I've upgraded his AV to v4 and his icon is orange when he restarts. I keep windows updates disabled on our systems because, why fix something that's not broke. we keep our computer pretty striped down and simple, and have a good hardware firewall.

btw, Thank you HiTech_boy for this info! I'll give this a shot on his, I have not updated my computer to v4 just yet.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes .

It is actually broken . That's why the vendor (Microsoft) releases an update ........... to fix it for your computer . The fact you don't see it as an end-user doesn't mean it is not broken .

You are welcome :thumb:

6. UglyChild

UglyChild Registered Member

Broken is a wrong word to use. The right way to say it, is that your OS Security is compromised, thus M$ releases updates and fixes. Just like NOD32 has updates as well.

So in short, you should at all times, keep your OS updated. That is your first defense from having your OS being unprotected to malicious attacks.

7. waveform

waveform Registered Member

Well I've seen situations where something is updated automatically, and then all of the sudden you have incompatibilities. Happened to the admin at the company where I worked. I agree updates are a good thing in most cases, and I always update service packs, but updates don’t always work in all situations. Sometimes they fixes one thing and break another. Programmers are human in their efforts to do good things.

Secondly, what security level are we really talking about? I keep an IP routing table assigned to a hardware firewall for all computers in my home network with their own mac addresses assigned to the table. If a computer tries to get into my network, it's mac address would need to match the local IP and mac address in that table. The reason it would need to match is because the start and end IP range only holds enough slots for computers in my home.

I've used just about every AV program on the market, and things always seem to slip by them sooner or later. The only thing that has ever worked for me, is to run under a limited account for most activities. And when I did get infected, it was because I was playing with files (taking chances) under an account with full admin privileges. Right now, Nod32 is flagging a few files it thinks are bad. It should be removing them, but has not? It's my own fault for using an account with admin privileges for everyday use.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I got this also, but it went away after I updated to 3919. Someone as Eset needs a strong cup of coffee. :D

9. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

10. bradtech

bradtech Guest

This is why you use SUS/WSUS to approve and decline updates in an environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.