NOD32 Scanning Error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Captn, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captn

Captn Registered Member

I get 2 errors after scanning,

Error occured while scanning MBR sector of the 2. physical disk. Error reading sector

Error occured while scanning MBR sector of the 3. physical disk. Error reading sector

I get this after I scan by clicking on Scan Local Disks

Windows XP Home with SP 1

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

It is not bug, it is feature. Under Windows operating system, does not allow access to MBR. NOD32 can not access the sector and generates read error. It is pretty normal. Maybe confusing but still normal.

3. spm

spm Registered Member

This is not something to worry about. Some drives (e.g., DVD-RAM or other optical drives) can be misidentified as local hard disk drives by Windows - it is a 'feature' of the drivers installed. NOD32 then tries to access the drives and displays the errors you noted.

To see if this is the case on your machine, right-click My Computer and select Properties. Then, on the Hardware page of the System properties box, click on the Device Manager button. Then expand the "Disk drives" branch to see what local drives are present. You'll probably find your real hard drive, plus two other entries.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This error message appears under the following circumstances:
    1. you perform a system scan under the account of a limited user
    2. you have a special boot manager or suchlike program that alters boot sectors installed
    3. you use a card reader while no card is actually inserted

5. Captn

Captn Registered Member

Very cool TY all for your help, I have a Fujifilm USB ReaderWriter in there twice with my hard drive. 1 is for the actual card reader and the other is for the USB camera hook up to the PC. Again I TY all for your help. :D

6. Clark

Clark Guest

I'm sure that 1 and 3 are not my case, probably number 2 is. But, How do I fix this?

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can't, it is just how Windows reports it...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

8. Clark

Clark Guest

I thought so. OK, thanks anyway Blackspear.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as well as card readers and usb thumb drives, I think CD/DVD ROM emulators such as daemontools will generate similar errors for "virtual" drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.