OK...new one! TI11 says that my Trial is Up and Have to Purchase

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobmitch, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

I ALREADY DID!!!!! After using the new build 9615...installed it using my serial number and then, because an upgrade, inserting the serial from TI10...it installed...and I have been using it. This morning...I open the program and it tells me that my trial has expired and require a valid serial. WHATo_O? I purchased the upgrade the day it was released...then received the update to build 9615 upon release. Now all this....so I re-entered my serial numbers and it is valid again...for another 15 dayso_Oo_O Who knows....this is getting old.

2. web

web Registered Member

Same here. I am fed up with this program and have requested a refund. IMO this software should never have seen the light of day.

3. bobmitch

So Have I. I originally requested a refund...then they fixed the USB issue....but between this and the MS Office corruption on restore....this software has proven to be very shoddy! Re-opened my refund and will wait a few days to see if they honor it. If not...Attorney General's office in Texas

4. DLE

DLE Registered Member

I had the same issue with 2009. A couple weeks ago they had me do a reinstall, etc. It just happened again and this time they sent me to their web site where I entered my old Serial Number and it issued me a new one. I think they now have issues with their Serial Numbers / Keys. We’ll have to see if it really fixed the problem in 15 days!

5. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

Likewise have loaded it up now, and it comes up the same - saying trial ended.
    Am currently in technical chat queue!

I was wondering if it has anything to do with 2 Microsoft patches installed yesterday. (KB953155) (KB957200) Using Vista *64

(Agent Dialogue: I am sorry to inform you that this is our fault
    We have issued some serials that will expire during the month
    I will request a new serial for you and paste it here)

So it seems if people are having this issue, to live chat with support, who seem happy to help.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  6. bobmitch

NO....it is an issue with TI2009...plain and simple

7. DLE

DLE Registered Member

8. BChat

BChat Registered Member

Had same issue today with Vista 64 - got new number, seems to have fixed it.
    What is up with those s/n s - could they be any longer?

ETA - Vista 32bit drive also affected by this - put in new s/n - will wait and see.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. bobmitch

Re: OK...new one! TI2009 says that my Trial is Up and Have to Purchase

Just realized that I had posted as TI11 as the problem...sorry...2009 is the issue

10. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Okay, I stand corrected . My first ever problem with Acronis . Just now I am having the same problems .

11. bobmitch

Terry...

Sorry to hear that. I just completed a restore of a TI11 image with 2009 as you discussed...and YES...it worked fine. Office worked as it should. There does seem to be an issue on how images are created using 2009. One can hope for everyone's sake...that it is repairable...without a total overhaul of 2009...

Bob

12. TerryFox

Oh no . I hope your wrong with 2009 , I'm afraid now to try a restore image of a back up image made by 2009 lol . But sooner or later I will have to , again I hope your wrong but if your right ? Acronis please come out with a fix for that and this license key issues soon ...

13. bobmitch

14. TerryFox

Yep , I saw that , thanks . Though it seem to be a temporary fix . I mean it hasn't been tested whether after 15 days it wouldn't come back again . I just finish chatting with Acronis tech support and they ask to see an image of the pop up which I just sended them but if all else fails I am going to give that link a shot you posted , thanks

So far what I have done was just click the Try option and it seem to be working that way , though I don't see anywhere as to whether there is a count down or anything or whether its been activated or not . Just seem to be working as before

15. bobmitch

I got an entirely new serial number by going there. Inserted the serial...and so far...the pop up went away. Don't think it will be back...it was a known issue with Acronis

16. TerryFox

Well I hope your right . Though I can wait a bit to see as what their tech support will say . If all else fails ? At least there another option to do . Thanks to that link

17. bobmitch

np...anytime

18. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

As mentioned from my previous post:

(Agent Dialogue: I am sorry to inform you that this is our fault
    We have issued some serials that will expire during the month)

Thus it would be logical to assume, that this issue is fixed/resolved when you carry out the actions as bobmitch has already mentioned by going to https://www.acronis.com/my/products/exchange/
    and putting in your old code (which appears to have been inadvertently a 15 day only key) for a new non expiring key.

19. country2

country2 Registered Member

I did not have this issue on mine but did receive a email last week about it and a link to go to and type in my serials and it would check it to see if I needed a new one. All of mine were good.

20. TerryFox

Well in that case I better make the change . Only reason why I didn't is I figure if I ask support for help on this , I thought I should at least wait to hear what they have to say . Now with what pjb said , I will make the changes and do so now . Thanks

21. bastien

bastien Registered Member

Oh no! My purchased TI 2009 (9615) is trial.....:eek: . I have: Vista 32 + KB953155, KB957200.

22. BChat

BChat Registered Member

FWIW - I have restored at least 10 images with ATI 2009 - no problems. I use Vista Ultimate 64bit on one drive and Vista Ultimate 32 bit on another.

23. bobmitch

BChat

I don't doubt what you say...but at this time there seem to be more of us with problems, than those without. And when Acronis can acknowledge the issue with MS Office...there is something there. You are one of the lucky ones. I felt that way with TI10, when so many people had issues. I don't doubt that there are some hardware configurations that cause the program fits...

24. Ltuae

Ltuae Registered Member

1. Did any of the installations that you restored include any version of MS Office? And if so, did all Office apps work fully without needing any repair, post restoration?

2. Did any of the restores you did with a 2009 Image include a MS dual-boot, ie. MS NT or Vista-based dual-boot loader?

nb. In my experience ATI Home 2009 breaks my dual-boot, on every restore it does. Only one OS (the main) will run after the restore.
    (1x Vista 32bit + 1x Windows PE2.0, both exist in the same Boot/Active/System partition, so there really is zero excuse why any imaging program should break it)

Anyone else have dual-boot breakage with 2009?

--
    Ltuae

TI 2009 is HIV positive.

25. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I dual boot Vista Ultimate 32 bit and 64 bit - separate HDS. I have Office 2007 on both drives. I did have an issue with Excel, the Office program I use most, wanting to ''re-install" whenever I opened it. It stopped doing it after a few times and I cannot say it was due to ATI 2009.

I started using ATI 8, then 9, then 10, then 11. After using 11 for a short period of time I got a refund - not happy with it at all. ATI 12(2009) had the USB issue, which affected me, and yesterday the s/n issue. Both were corrected. Right now, ATI 2009 is working fine and I'll let it live another day. ATI 10 was the best IMO, and I'll put it back on the machine in a New York minute if need be.

I make backups, restore them, and use the Disk Cleanup option once in a while. I don't do any scheduled tasks, I manually delete saved images, and try to "Keep It Simple" as much as possible. I also ''tweak'' the system to the point of no return constantly, ATI has always put a workable image back (THANK GOD!)

I try to remember this is a program that cost less than a 1/2 a tank of gas, has been corrected as needed, and done what I've asked for several years. However, I, like others, think Acronis might be a little more attentive before releasing final versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.