Cannot install ESET SS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Hotep, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

My apologies if this has already been covered. I just finished my rounds of trying several security suites and have happily decided to purchase eset ss. One problem, it will not install?? I continue to get an error message and the install will rollback. :oops:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

3. nonoise

Found this on eset.ie

ESET Smart Security is rolling back when installing

Please try to delete the file C:\WINDOWS\inf\INFCACHE.1 and install again. Go in to My computer / Local drive – disk C: / Windows / inf and find file INFCAHCE.1 and delete it. This file may be hidden so change your viewing options – in Explorer window click at tools / folder options / view and there in folder “Hidden files and folder” mark option “Show hidden files and folders”. Now you will be able to see this folder and file.

4. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Nonoise, thank you so much for your help! Yes that worked!!

Truly, I greatly appreciate your research and willingness to assist!..........:D :thumb:

5. nonoise

happy to help :D

6. selmen

selmen Registered Member

Me too Nonoise , thank you very much , I got the same problem , and during 12 hours , no solution , it was only when I read your post that I got it , really I think you very much
    suggestion :why does not eset installer does this automatically? it will help others stuck in the same pb?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.