Automatic Update does not work very often

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by redlabour, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlabour

redlabour Registered Member

Hi,

after using ESET SmartSecurity now for 2 Months there is still on problem.

Every Day i have to manually Update the Signatures. Sometimes the automaticall Update works - most of the Time not.

Errormessage is evertime that my License Informations are wrong. Manually Updating by clicking the Updatelink again works everytime. :blink:

My last Update is: http://www.eset.eu/podpora/aktualizacia-3340?lng=en

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have fiddled around the primary and secondary profile settings the program may cease updating under certain circumstances. Though it's not a general problem of everyone who uses 2 update profiles, I'd appreciate if you could send me the exported ESET registry key so that I can check your settings. I will drop you a PM with further instructions.

3. redlabour

You have Mail. :)

4. redlabour

Anything new?

Have buyed ESET SmartSecurity now a month ago.

For the most Time there is no automatic Update possible and i still get no Response from ESET.COM Support for 2 Troubletickets. Even 1 Troubleticket in Germany is still without any Feedback.

No i send you the File you requested some Days ago ..... can someone help a Customero_O :(

5. Marcos

Support requests are redirected to the distributor/reseller you purchased the program from. Did you purchase it from our German partner DATSEC?
    As for the issue, I'll need to check your configuration, especially the update parameters. I will drop you a PM with further instructions.

6. redlabour

1. I know - but i mean the Request through the ESET GUI. DATSEC told me that this Request are going to ESET.

2. I have two opened Tickets at DATSEC - 1 about the Problem here - still no Response for Weeks and another one about the lost Tickets at ESET. The Supporter from DATSEC tried himself to open a Ticket at ESET via the GUI. He has still no Response from ESET like me.

3. o_O I did not get any PM from you yesterday. I have send you a Mail some Days ago like you can see in this Thread.

BTW - seems i am not the only one: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=217573

And another Addition: If i enter a Updateserver from ESET and dont use the Automatic Choice the Update does never work and not even one Updateserver. :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  7. Marcos

All support requests are forwarded from the central server to the appropriate local distributor/reseller.

As I said, all support requests are forwarded to the appropriate distributor/reseller based on the username/password entered in the update setup or the country selected in the form. It would have been delivered to us only if there was a server failure, but we're not aware of any that has occurred. If a distributor is unable to follow up certain requests, he passes them to ESET's HQ, but not via GUI but using a special partner form.

I'll PM you again now.

You may not change the update server otherwise than automatic selection, or the program won't update unless you use a local mirror in LAN.

8. redlabour

~Private message removed. See the TOS. - Ron~

Is this a Joke? I allready send you the Output via Mail:

Have send it again now to you. See Screenshot.

Nice to know - this is what DATSEC wants me to do. :mad:

DATSEC tells me that they can´t see Tickets submitted by GUI because they are send to ESET. So it seems they are lying and ignoring Supportrequests. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  9. redlabour

@Marco - you allready send excactly the same PM to me on August 9th, 2008, 07:43 AM.

10. redlabour

See Screenshots .... 2´nd Automatic - fails / 1´st Manually - succeds :cautious:

Attached Files:

11. Marcos

There is something wrong with your configuration, I'll need more time to compare your registry values with defaults. The best would be if you uninstall ESS and install it from scratch without editing the default scheduled update tasks. It should work then fine.

12. redlabour

I allready tried this - no Effect. Problem still happens. And BTW - the only thing i have edited at the scheduled Update Tasks is that is have set it to 60 Minutes.

13. Marcos

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling EAV without touching the update tasks settings at all? It is set to be run every 60 minutes by default.

14. redlabour

Yes i did.

I have a new approach from German DATSEC Support - i have removed the Profilesettings from Taskplaner for the automatic Updatetask now.

They mean it is a Bug and should be fixed with a further Release.
    Hope this helps.

BTW - you are right about the 60 Minutes - my Fault.

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Based on a comment by Marcos (above)
    They are in a way right and wrong . Yes, they can't see the requests directly but in-directly . All you submit via the GUI is first sent to ESET HQ and then ESET automatic system should redirect/forward it it to your local distributor based on the data entered by the user in the request form . An if a mistake occurs , then the requests should stay in ESET , not in your distributor.

16. redlabour

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.