SpywareGuard wont work correctly.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by metal_babe_78, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal_babe_78

metal_babe_78 Registered Member

Hi

I installed the smaller version of SpywareGuard as I have XP, unfortunately it doesnt seem to work correctly.

Whenever I click the SG icon in the tool bar my desktop reloads and the icon is no longer there. It also does this when I reboot.
    Nothing happens when I double click the SG short cut on my desktop or in start/programs. The live update works though.

SG is running because I cant uninstall it or install the larger version.

Help!

I would like to warn anybody who is kind enough to give me advice that I am a novice as far as computors are concerned and any help needs to be in the form of an idiots guide!

Many Thanks

Jo

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, let's at least give you the information you need to deinstall it cleanly...

Since you can't access the systray icon without it dropping the icon out, you can download and run this registry file which will disable SpywareGuard's active protection. Right-click on the link below and do a Save As... to your PC on the file there:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachments/sg22-remove-hook.reg (REG file download link)

Once you have that file locally on your PC, just double-click it to run it. This is a special registry file, it simply removes one registry key - the one that makes SpywareGuard active. Then, simply reboot your PC.

When your PC starts again, SpywareGuard should be disabled. At that point, you may be able to get into the systray icon. If so, you can exit SpywareGuard completely by following the steps in this image:

[​IMG]

If you can't get into the application even then, (i.e. the icon still disappears when you click on it), you can kill off the two SpywareGuard process in the Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del). They are: "sgmain" and "sgbhp".

After SG is exited, you should be able to uninstall it without any problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.