ESET Smart Security v3.0.669.0 released

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by agoretsky, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.669 have been released in English for licensed users, with support for other languages and trial editions to follow. This release contains the following change:

• Fixed problem with tasks scheduled to be performed after a successful update.
    For more information, or to download a copy, please visit ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/ or contact your local distributor or reseller.

Installation over previous versions of ESET Smart Security is fully supported, however, if you experienced issues with a previous version then you may wish to uninstall it before upgrading to this version.

If problems persist, try uninstalling the software once more and deleting the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security\" directory (or under Vista, "C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security\") prior to installing the current version of the software once more.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. Deki

Deki Registered Member

Re: ESET Smart Security v3.0.669.0 releaed

The link on download page doesn't lead to this newest version, but to 3.0.667? Will that be changed?

3. jhuk

jhuk Banned

Is CPU hogging bug fixed ?: (please no BS about "what CPU bug", it is not in .650).

EDIT, seems it has 1 fix : July 7, 2008 - 3.0.669
    Fixed tasks scheduled to be run after a successful update

If I get 100% CPU usage I'm off it for good and want a refund as that's 3 builds now.

EDIT2: Ok Installed the Reboot method over the top of .650, seems ok 1st Startup with no 100% CPU from it yet and Eset Services are well down the CPU usage list.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  4. agoretsky

Hello,

The web team was in the midst of updating the download pages with the new version number when the announcement was made. It should now say v3.0.669.0 if you select the English language edition to download.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. guest

guest Guest

Still getting BSOD (0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) with this version as with 3.0.667 and 3.0.650. Rarely happened with 3.0.650 but would happen all the time with 3.0.667. Gone back to 3.0.642, no problems with that version.

Oh yeah, also been getting 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ndiswan.sys when going into sleep mode with 3.0.669 and 3.0.667.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  6. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Installer was great last update! this one is back to the old problem where it won't install over existing version stating some log file is being used by another person and asking to retry....

Only way to move on is to stop ekrn.exe using task manager, install continues but on reboot real time protection will not start automatically.

Then faced with a complete un-install and re-install

Vista Ultimate

7. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I hope that is the case. I will install it this morning, but fix for CPU issue has not been provided as far as I know. In prior builds, I found that CPU usage is ok at first, but then goes to 100% at times. If it has not been patched, then we can expect 100% CPU at times since the program was not changed.

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

ESET folks, still can't get v669 in czech from eset.com neither eset.cz. Stuck with v667 there. Usually you are releasing a triple language build (english and your native slovak&czech) at first. So question, is it due to slow updating of the download pages only or are you again looking into this build as some already have reported the start-up scan has not been solved yet?

Say truth :D

9. agoretsky

Hello,

ESET Smart Security (and ESET NOD32 Antivirus) v3.0.669.0 are available in English for licensed users at the current time. Editions in other languages and trial versions are forthcoming.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. agoretsky

Hello,

Please download a copy of ESET SysInspector, create a log file and mail it as an attachment to support@eset.sk with the URL to this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

Installed Smart Security .669 on both Puters running Vista and Windows XP Pro. Installed OVER the old Versions.
    Everything worked fine.
    Thank you Eset

12. agoretsky

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.669 have been released in Czech (CSY), Polish (POL), Slovak (SKY) and Russian (RUS) for licensed users, with trial versions and other languages to follow.

For more information, or to download a copy, please visit ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/ or contact your local distributor, reseller or ESET office.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. como

como Registered Member

For the last several builds like others here I have received the attached message when installing on top of previous installations. After reading some of the comments above I was hopeful the problem had been fixed, no such luck as you can see.
    The solution that works for me is to stop Eset Services, which mean that whilst the instaler is working I am not protected.

Attached Files:

• Nod.gif
      Nod.gif
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
  14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

protected from what ? That's assuming you are only performing an install of a program whilst no other activity is being performed.

15. como

como Registered Member

Sorry I should have made clear that I have an always on broadband connection.

Are you suggesting that the internet connection should be stopped when updating Smart Security, this wasn't necessary when I used free virus and firewall programs.

16. agoretsky

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.669 have been released in Croatian (HRV), German (DEU), Hungarian (HUN) and Slovenian (SLV) for licensed users, with trial versions and other languages to follow.

For more information, or to download a copy, please visit ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/ or contact your local distributor, reseller or ESET office.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

17. guest

guest Guest

Already been in contact with support and uploaded a dump file, that was a week ago and havent heard anything back. Hope this is being worked on .Can i suggest that ESET make older versions available on the website.

18. agoretsky

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.669 have been released in Dutch (NLD), French (FRA), Portuguese (PTB) and Spanish (ESN) for licensed users, with trial versions and other languages to follow.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

19. cocolucho

cocolucho Registered Member

Still shows version 3.0.667.0, when I want to download version in spanish. that the delay?

20. agoretsky

Hello,

The web development team is in the process of updating the download pages on the web site.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

21. agoretsky

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.669 have been released in Simplified Chinese (CHT), Traditional Chinese (CHS), Romanian (ROM), Ukrainian (UKR) and Turkish (TRK) for licensed users, with trial versions and other languages to follow.

Licensed users can download copies from ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/. For more information or to request an evaluation copy, contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

22. OLDXTECH

OLDXTECH Registered Member

I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THESE "UPDATES/UPGRADES"

In a prior post to me, an ESET Moderator stated that version 3.0.650.0 was the current version that had been "released" via the mass notification means to all users, and that any later version was still being tested and had not yet been formally released in mass so to speak. Several later versions have come and gone and we are now on 669.

I note that the official ESET web site download area for all new users offers the 669 version only and does not state that it has not been formally released in mass to all current users.

In light of all the negative posts/problems, I was advised by the ESET moderator to stick with the 650 version until I received notice via the mass distribution method. I have followed that suggestion and have not had any of the latest problems resulting from the later versions.

Now here is my confusion.

It would seem to me that versions later than 650 are really BETA versions and you use at your own risk. WHY ARE NEW/TRIAL USERS LED TO DOWNLOAD THIS "BETA" VERSION WITH ITS RESULTANT PROBLEMS.o_O

Am I missing something here?

Unless I hear otherwise, there is no way I am going to change from 650 until notified via the mass notification method. And if anyone asks, I shall caution them from downloading any later version.

Am I still missing something here? Seems a strange way to do things!!!

Cheers. Jim [20 years as a tech manager-now expired!]

23. agoretsky

Hello,

I am assuming you are referring to this message thread, is that correct?

The current version of ESET Smart Security released to the public as of today is v3.0.669.0. There are some older builds still available, but these are typically releases localized for specific languages which are still in development or being tested.

Version 3.0.669.0 contains several updates and bug fixes not present in v3.0.650.0, some of which are important, but only if you are affected by them: For example, older versions of the software had a compatibility problem with LangSoft's PC Translator software that lead to the software freezing. That is a severe issue if you were using the programs together, but if you were not using the two programs together then it would be a much lower priority for you to install the update which resolved the issue.

As twenty year tech manager veteran, I am sure you are aware of how complicated software development is, and that for any project which is flexible enough to perform a wide variety of functions in many different environments there are always going to be failure modes of varying degree. That is something which is not unique to ESET's software, or any other antivirus vendor's software. What we can do is create a process in which software tested to the best of our ability using the experience, tools and methods, but understand that even this rigorously-applied "QA doctrine" is not going to create a test case or usage scenario for every possible environment. What we can do is perform those tests in the configurations are customers are most likely to have, then revise or add on additional tests over time, as configurations changes, specific incompatibilities are determined and so forth to ensure that such problems are solved and no regression occurs in future releases. Again, though, you have to keep in mind that this is a constantly evolving process and given the variability in a modern personal computer's operating environment, it not possible to have the same sort of weltanschauung that one can have with a computer engineered for a single purpose.

If you are using v3.0.650.0 and it works fine for you, then stay on that build, at least until a program component update occurs for it to upgrade to a newer version. You will receive support and updates from ESET and all the other maintenance activities typically associated with such software. If, however, you experience a problem with the software, you can try upgrading to a newer version to see if that resolves the issue.

If it makes any difference to you, of the three computers I typically use, two are running v3.0.669.0, and one has v3.0.667.0 on it--and that is because I simply have not had a chance to upgrade it yet.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

24. tcm

tcm Registered Member

When I run SysInspector, no logging options are available or other user actions and then terminates.
    Is there any help available for SysInspector?

-Tim

25. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I thought ESS software version upgrades were automatically pushed through along with the daily virus definition updates. I thought this is what Aryeh Goretsky referred to as a "program component update." Am I mistaken? I purchased ESS several months ago for my two home PCs. Last night I checked the version number...it is 3.0.621. Apparently I missed the 650 and 667 upgrades altogether.

Can someone please explain the ESS software upgrade process to me? Do I need periodically to check the Eset website for version upgrades and manually upgrade the software myself?

Regards,
    Stro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.