User opinions on current NOD32 Ver.3.650

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ThomasAdams, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

Hello,

It has been sometime since I tried to upgrade to Nod32 ver. 3.XXX, after which I reverted back to the 2.7.XXX version. I am seeing a noticeable decrease in bugs reported, and would like your input on how things are going. If there is any thing that 3.xxx is missing compared to 2.7.xxx? And lastly, how does the newest version compare to the 2.7.xxx version with regard to system resources?

I am interested in upgrading now, I am on Windows XP SP2 up to date. Thank you!

Thomas

2. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I waited for the 3.650 version due to reported bugs.
    No problems here.
    Uses a little more ram, 5MB maybe.
    No issues with CPU usage.
    In fact the only difference I see is the new splash screen/sys tray icon.
    I don't look at the new GUI, why should I if the AV is doing it's job.

2 PC's with XP, SP2
    :cool:

3. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Having tried every version since the Betas I find .650 the most stable and worth upgrading to. The Import/Export of config settings is particularly handy for changing versions as I like to do a clean install.

XP Pro Sp3

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    I upgrade from v2.7 to 3.0.636, first, theb 3.0.642 and finally 3.0.650 (all french release). When starting with v3.0.636 I first clean up my PC before processing to installation. Then, for the two subsequents upgrades, I only used upgrade process...

Everything is OK till the first french release v3.0.x
    Regards

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I upgraded and reverted to 2.7 a few times since v3 came out. I recently upgraded to v3.650 and find it to be a keeper. No problems. :D

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Testing the smart security with everything tweaked to blackspears setting.I will say this it is puring like a kitten, Running like none exsistence on laptop. :thumb:

7. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

Uninstalled NOD 32 Ver. 2.7 and then installed NOD 32 Ver. 3.0.650.0. Installed without a hitch! Last time I tried Ver.3 it refused to update. However this time it did after a little forcing. When installed it had virus database 2904 (I believe) and it tried an update, and said virus definitions up to date. I then did it manually and it then performed various updates. I rebooted and set some custom options. All is good :)

Thank you to all for your replies and to Eset for correcting the issues many experienced with the initial release of Ver.3 :D

Regards,
    TAdams

Installer observations.

1) Did not request removal of NOD 32 previous version.
    2) It did prompt me about F-Secure (I ran an online scanner the night before install for a second opinion prior to install). I did rmeove the temp files. Obviously not all of them.
    3) No other errors or issues with windows XP SP2+ Updates.

8. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Yeah, I'm happy with this version. I jumped straight in when V3 came out and went back and forward to V2.7 for a while then stayed with V2.7 for a couple of months while they ironed out the problems.

I've had the latest version on for a few weeks now and I'm happy with it.

9. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Does 3.650 comes as part of the daily updates, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

T

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

A clean uninstall/install is the best way to go. It doesn't upgrade automatically in the daily update. Have your user ID and password handy to install the v3.650. :)

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I agree with all your points here although I like to access the new GUI.

12. dinox

dinox Registered Member

I`m not satisfied with this version of NOD32. I've got BSOD on misc. hardware PC configuration. (OS W2KSP4, WXPProf. SP2/SP3).
    - problems occurred with apps which`s writen in Delphi (BDE) conneting to MS-SQL2K
    - Novell client installed (IP/IPX)

i'm still waiting for response from support

13. zer0l0gic

zer0l0gic Registered Member

Happy camper here. I guess the only problem I have is that I couldn't submit a sample through NOD32. o_O

14. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi,

It's suggested to exclude certain appz folder (e.g database) from AV scanner.

about your BSODs, it could be any other reason not NOD32. e.g previously installed AVs or some system file corrupted.

Anyway... v3.0.650 have been working great both Home & Business...

15. dinox

dinox Registered Member

i don't think so.... before i've got SCS (properly uninstalled), memorydumps occured on computers (more then one !!!) which configuration mentioned above... (Novell client IP/IPX, Borland BDE, client SQL2K). Real-time scanning of network drive (execs location) turned off

16. vidmar

vidmar Registered Member

We just had to move back down to v2.70.39 on our Windows 2003 servers. There was something in v3.0.650 causing the servers to no longer allow write access to the shares after some random point in time.

We never could determine exactly what was happening as there were never any errors in any logs (Windows or NOD), but as soon as we moved back to v2.70.39 all is well again.

Vidmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.