Web access protection issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mare911, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mare911

mare911 Registered Member

Today I noticed odd message just after database update [maybe around 12.30 today].

dc7oee.png

I am pretty sure that site content didn't changed from e.g. yesterday when message above was not shown.
    Whats changed in meantime? [Even with all scripts from this IP was blocked, same message persists, so i guess that whole domain was blacklisted]

Is there any way to regain basic functionality of my browser without shutting down whole 'Web access protection' part or excluding e.g. Firefox from browser list?

I am asking that because manually adding each blocked site on exclusion list is time consuming and even with using wildcards, results are unpredictable

If anyone have more info about this, join the discussion please

Regards

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. Donkon

Donkon Registered Member

I have exact same problem but with different site. Really need help. Also exclude list doesn't work, i type a address every single way i can and still can't access the site even though its in the exclude list.

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

The name "warez-bb.org" tell me that it won't be very safe website. :thumbd: It looks that this server provided a lot of malware and the best solution was blocking.

I have tested it before few minutes and site doesn't exist. :)

Regards, Lukas

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  4. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

safe , or not safe - we (the users) want the freedom to decide if we want to take the risk. let us have an option (show some warning , but dont block it mandatorily) .

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If one doesn't care about security and wants to intentionally visit websites with malware, I don't see any reason for having an AV installed. If there was an undetected javascript downloader, I'd bet the guy would complain about the AV. At any rate, it's possible to disable blocking of suspicious websites in the IMON setup.

6. TBTB

TBTB Registered Member

7. mare911

Thanks for answers guys.

@Lukas K.
    Well, ~site~ is technically common phpBB forum, nothing more, nothing less. With all scripts turned off i don't see even advertisements there. Anyway, I respect your opinion about its security,but I just think different.

Also, as you can see, this site have powerful enemies:) [its online again btw]

@Marcos
    And if one really care about security and do not visit websites with malware, I don't see any reason for having an AV installed in this case also :).

Heh, Any script blocker should take care of it. And, if not, system monitor software will ask 'blahblah' wants to run 'OK|Block'. If all this fail, firewall [software or/and hardware one] will prevent them from connecting on network.
    And yes I will blame AV software if it don't detect such content on point where it is in memory/wants to write to HDD. I just don't want AV software to decide which website is good/bad for me [so I turned 'Web access protection' off. This seems to be easiest way]

P.S. if any of you guys have problem with ~site~ in particular and you don't want to turn off 'Web access protection' then just add *~site~* on exclusion list

P.P.S. Sorry for my English and thanks for your time again

Regards

8. mare911

OMG, just edited my posts for you. [If mod will be so kind, maybe other posts can be edited also]

If you think that Eset official support forum is the place for promoting this kind of content, think again...

Btw, this thread maybe shouldn't be moved in this subforum cause I experienced the problem using 3.x.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

A couple of off-topic/bashing posts removed. The same points can be made without the bashing - and that is how it should be done - stick to the topic, keep it on the subject of the thread, and don't drag irrelevant personally bashing commentary along.

Regards,

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.